Gold and Equipment
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitch Dickson

Thread: Gold and Equipment

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    549 times
    Prospecting

Gold and Equipment

I was curious the effect equipment has on gold bearing areas?

For instance, where I live I have logged all my life, and my tractors, bulldozers and skidders have plied the area with abandon. Sometimes I have modified streams in order to drain the water in areas faster (allowed) and of course, crossed streams.

Would the vibration of the equipment settle out the gold, or would the effect of equipment not change a lot? I have never really altered the course of any stream. I have modified them to run narrower and thus faster to concentrate the water, but not diverted water from its natural path.

I am asking because I have a unique situation here, this place has not been sampled for gold that I know of, and I am trying to figure out the best places to sample. I have four streams on me, in two different watersheds, with each stream hitting a different point of the compass (North, South, East and West).
    Last edited by OreCart; Feb 15, 2019 at 04:39 AM.

Mar 2013
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The Legend says Maine. Never heard of many gold fields in Maine. Have heard of a bit of glacial dropped gold there. You never know cause gold is where you find it Look for rocks that are red, green, black and heavy. I wouldn't spend too much but sampling can't hurt. My old partner called such "The persuit of the untamed Orthapoid" or what many of us call a "wild goose chase" Good luck!
    63bkpkr likes this.

us
    captain

Dec 2016
    ohio
    bounty hunter time ranger
    193 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey OreCart, I live in an area that has been logged for years and hunted the areas after they were done. Check areas that you crossed with skidder and tore into the ground for known minerals that follow gold. If your area is not in a glactial deposit area you might be wasting your time.

Sponsored Links