miners dead in zimbawae

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, just thought I would inform all of us here the unknown risks we take. The news service reported that 30 or more illegal miners drown in a mine in the zimbawae region in africa. They were in the mine tresspassing when the mine flooded. The mine was not active but locals still go there to pick over what they can find. Mine owners were getting pumps to pump out the shafts to recover the bodies at this time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember that explosion in Mexico killed about a hundred people. They shut pipeline down because of everyday someone taps it. I think those people trying gather the gas are on something or they don't realize how dangerous that is.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember that explosion in Mexico killed about a hundred people. They shut pipeline down because of everyday someone taps it. I think those people trying gather the gas are on something or they don't realize how dangerous that is.

Nope it is literally lack of intelligence.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLDWASHER ....thieves are thieves they come all all shapes and colors what u show are 100% thieves in mexico .... i lost count how many innocent people (just living in the area ) have been buried alive due to large scale Gravel and sand mining ...just think all the countries above have governments with laws but corruption in government causes all these innocent people to lose there lives .....i guess u never been hungry living under the rule of a gun and u can't afford a gun (zimbawae )... what u show has happened in the USA during roits in many cities ...i seen first hand roits (fake news didn't show the roits in N.Y.C) the government had a stand down order so don't even think america without tyranny .....maybe they were thieves in your eyes at that african mine but if that mine was so dangerous y wasn't it closed down (sealed) ....theres been small wars over control of mines in the past in south africa and PNG were the mines lost do i label those citizens as thieves ...in the philippines and indonesia do u realize how much ground water is polluted ... u point out that the citizens are uneducated your 100% right but look at the cause of this ...GOVERNMENT

They have governments and laws...

And a culture that doesn't recognize either...

Again. it shows lack of intelligence and sophistication.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have the same types of things happen in our country...How many video's are out there of guys getting fried from stealing copper? There for a while it was happening all of the time. It doesn't matter what type of person,country,government...People are people and there is no shortage of people willing to risk their life for money. It happens....

About 10 years ago I was asked to "buy in" on a guy traveling to another country to mine for Gold....Below a huge mine dredging up the left overs? or something...Who really knows what he was doing..... Supposedly, he was going to make all this money to pay investors back. I didn't buy in....I do know people that did. Part of that money was to pay people off(in Gov). Never heard if they made any money. I do know he came back to the states because things weren't working out for whatever reason. So...In that case we had someone from the U.S. go to Peru to take chances with his life for Gold, I guess the area has Drug cartel to worry about or pay(?) too..... I know he made it back but no one wanted to go into detail of what happened...One rumor I heard was that the "cost" or buy off kept increasing.... I guess what I'm getting at is he could of died for any reason chasing Gold and the country he actually came from was here in the U.S.:laughing7:

Just go to Youtube and watch some of the guys here in the U.S running around in mines that are half caved in. I spent a couple weeks watching those video's and there is no shortage of them. Blame whatever you want...People do things that are risky and sometimes it doesn't work out. Just the way it is. Rich, poor, etc.... Gate the mine, blow it shut, someone will find a way in eventually if there is the thought of Gold.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact is If Britan and other Imperial nations. Hadn't "gave back" all of it's colonized territories in the Middle East and Africa

Those areas would be in much better shape.

Last edited:

RTD-Tech

Feb 3, 2018
Western Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fact is If Britan hadn't "gave back" all of it's colonized territories in the Middle East and Africa

Those areas would be in much better shape.

So true! The third world was so much better off while they were still being raped and pillaged by colonial powers.

Fact is... America would be too! Shoot, forget Brexit, we should Brit-In.

SMH, the third world is the way it is because of colonialism. Not in spite of it. And it wasn't just Europe, America did it also. The real fact is, we (western society) f-ed up the world to satisfy our own greed, and then bailed.

Fact is, the third world is still playing catch up.

Fact is, they'd be in much better shape if they had been left the hell alone.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true! The third world was so much better off while they were still being raped and pillaged by colonial powers.

SMH, the third world is the way it is because of colonialism. Not in spite of it. And it wasn't just Europe, America did it also. The real fact is, we (western society) f-ed up the world to satisfy our own greed, and then bailed.

Not what actually history shows but, OK

Britan was forced to "give" The American Colonies what they earned. Because my ancestors weren't gonna put up with it.

Its all understandable.

There was raping and pillaging all over the world. Well before Imperialism. And in spite of it.

Without exception.. Every major tribe or people helped or fought against other tribes or people. Who were helping a larger power.

Indian scouts...whole tribes, African Tribal leaders.

So, when their "side " won they would gain. Sounds pretty virtuos and moral.

Africa is pretty much the know birth place of humanity.

Yet, it seems they ave always been playing catch up from the beggining.

Heck they caught and sold their own people all over the world for generations...still do..

But, yea yea ... its all the fault of the people who have furthered mankind more than anyone over and over...

Not to mention Stopping Slavery.. Joined By the U.S after the Civil War to fight illegal slavery.

Do you know what the Boar War was? The British should have been more strict after they won.

Like in the U.S SOME of the settlers treated the native population terribly.

The largest killer of ative people in North America was disease. A plague of smallpox and other Euro bugs that decimated almost 90% of the Native population on the East Coast shortly after Columbus got lost and bumped into an Island.

Same thing in Mexico and central America

Not saying the Spanish.. and cruel colonists didn't exist. It's well documented

Before the Pilgrims even Got here. The tribes in Massachusets were barely on the rebound.

If it was a wholesale cultural genocidal population "in charge"

We wouldn't have a current native population at all. Let alone one that has almost risen to pre colony levels.

There was never going to be an enclave of aboriginies living in utopia on any of the large contints just surronded by a modern world.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Haha ha.....ya right !!

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was recently robbed...

A logger came onto my land and stole trees that had taken 85 years to grow, kept a person struggling with cancer with a wife and four daughters, kept me from paying my property taxes, but when he tried to commit suicide, you know what I said?

"There is no amount of trees that are worth taken a life for, by a mans own hand, or by another." In the end, they are just trees.

What makes American's; Americans...is out outlook that all of life is precious. I shutter to think of the day that no longer happens, but I already see the cracks.

(This does NOT include those individuals who see fit to take another life willfully (murder), for in doing so, for that, they forfeit their own right to life in my opinion. To be clear, I feel other crimes fit likewise criteria, but I will stop here. I think many of you know what I mean.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread