miners dead in zimbawae

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, just thought I would inform all of us here the unknown risks we take. The news service reported that 30 or more illegal miners drown in a mine in the zimbawae region in africa. They were in the mine tresspassing when the mine flooded. The mine was not active but locals still go there to pick over what they can find. Mine owners were getting pumps to pump out the shafts to recover the bodies at this time.

Upvote 0

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I watch those videos of gold mining in third world countries often as well. It's pretty sad how they're driven by desperation and poverty. And you can see how the gold seller is completely ripping off the miner in 14:20.

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve been to Africa many times including Zimbabwe.

It’s the endless well of corruption by heartless leaders that prevent these countries from advancing.

These is no welfare or disability payments.

You swim with what knowledge you possess or you sink.

OP
OP
B

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen various mining videos and they are not that much different than what we do. Lunch Bag is about right in these peoples plight. The mining companies that owned the mines reacted surprisingly well getting pumps and rescue equipment as fast as possible. Mining is a dangerous job wether you do it for a business or a hobby.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep it sucks for the families involved but the article should read, "30 claim jumpers and thieves caught red handed".
Stealing is stealing no matter how you look at it and now the mining company has to deal with getting the bodies out. They are the only victims in this mess.

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats pretty rough over there. But most those dudes are pretty physically fit looking compared to the overfed overweight over-medicated Walmart herd I see running around over here.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
see worse then that everyday .....rich , poor, smart , or uneducated dosn't matter... when u have no food u do anything ......and add greed and even a einstein would do stupid things ...u all look at it on a personal scale ....think on it like the gold is buffalo your only food source and a aliens invasion taking them all away ....look what happened in papau new guinea , philippines , indonesia ,peru ,chile , china and other places what uncontrolled big scale mining dose ...put the blame on the government and corporations not there citizens

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see worse then that everyday .....rich , poor, smart , or uneducated dosn't matter... when u have no food u do anything ......and add greed and even a einstein would do stupid things ...u all look at it on a personal scale ....think on it like the gold is buffalo your only food source and a aliens invasion taking them all away ....look what happened in papau new guinea , philippines , indonesia ,peru ,chile , china and other places what uncontrolled big scale mining dose ...put the blame on the government and corporations not there citizens

Unfortunately in the countries listed. With very minimal exception.

Once anyone gets power they become just as corrupt as those they displaced. And people tend to use any power they have on those that don't at any level through the food chain.

It really is the difference between our country and a majority of others around the globe.

So, definition of insanity? lack of intelligence?

Learned behaviour?

Fact is in the countries like the United States with a relatively logical government and population. ( regardless of media bs and spin)

We do not have these issues.

We have every right and reason to be a very positive role model.

It's to bad there are so many butthurt and uneducated people that make it their lifes passion to bash the USA.

It's not the government and corporations it is in fact the people in the hole that climbed in who are to blame.

Heres a fun one I don't know how many people saw ...this is actually a common thing.

People tapping into liquid fuel lines and stealing liquid fuel right out of the pipe.. Sorry but, that is 100% lack of intelligece I don't care how "bad" your life is.

Starting at sixteen seconds you will see the first contendors for the local Darwin Awards.

Thats Gas spraying into the air and bubbling out of pipes.

No amount of corruption makes people do that.

Pure stupidity at its finest.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4868980...-new-attention-on-strategy-to-stop-fuel-theft

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
promise many of these morons have nicer cell phones than I do...

They don't do this because they can not afford gas. They do this because they do not want to pay for it.

Same pipeline breach as the other video..

Honestly can you image getting anywhere near that??

That's gasoline kids...

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
GOLDWASHER ....thieves are thieves they come all all shapes and colors what u show are 100% thieves in mexico .... i lost count how many innocent people (just living in the area ) have been buried alive due to large scale Gravel and sand mining ...just think all the countries above have governments with laws but corruption in government causes all these innocent people to lose there lives .....i guess u never been hungry living under the rule of a gun and u can't afford a gun (zimbawae )... what u show has happened in the USA during roits in many cities ...i seen first hand roits (fake news didn't show the roits in N.Y.C) the government had a stand down order so don't even think america without tyranny .....maybe they were thieves in your eyes at that african mine but if that mine was so dangerous y wasn't it closed down (sealed) ....theres been small wars over control of mines in the past in south africa and PNG were the mines lost do i label those citizens as thieves ...in the philippines and indonesia do u realize how much ground water is polluted ... u point out that the citizens are uneducated your 100% right but look at the cause of this ...GOVERNMENT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread