Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time with a different technique. A couple of come along s ,100 ft of rope,a hand drill,and some steel anchor bolts.
Target area Big rocks, OR better yet, whats underneath them. With above tools we moved a small pile of 1/2 to 1 Ton boulders.Dug under them (as far as we could go). Classified material (on site) to 1/4",brought material home,reduced material further to minus 10, and minus 20 mesh,ran material on my home made Miller Table........And the results :) 003.JPG

Upvote 0

Monet4sky

Feb 11, 2019
Upstate ny
Detector(s) used
Xp deus, 9inch coil, HF elliptical, whites underwater pulse induction, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure is pretty��

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are we seeing here? A mixture of gravel and gold or what?

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time instead of rope I'll be using a tow strap :)

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
What are we seeing here? A mixture of gravel and gold or what?

Great haul! I zoomed in on the picture, did see what I think is a wee bit of gravel in it, but the rest sure looks like gold to me. And we're only about 90 minutes apart - and I've never found a speck on my streams.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul! I zoomed in on the picture, did see what I think is a wee bit of gravel in it, but the rest sure looks like gold to me. And we're only about 90 minutes apart - and I've never found a speck on my streams.

Yeah,a little gravel. Most of what looks like gravel,is small garnet .What your looking at is how it came (directly)off the Miller-table. Love the Miller !:)Some don't, but once its set up correctly, its hard to beat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gotta head North East 2 Hrs. from your location in the 'Virginia gold belt' :)
4 page pdf file here https://www.dmme.virginia.gov/dgmr/pdf/gold.pdf
Louisa County VA. to be exact

Last edited:
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under another Bolder... Deeper = Bigger :) 003.JPG

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Virginia, if you access a creek (from a public road) and stay BELOW the high water mark your legal.

RTR you sure about that? VA Game Warden told me as long as there is no contact with the bank or bed of the stream then there isn't an issue, but upon contact I would be trespassing. Pretty sure we can't just go dig up some random creek just because we can get into it from a public road. If you have a better source to combat my comment please do so; being able to do as you suggest would be a game-changer

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been told by the DMME that is it is a solid blue line on a topo map that VA owns the bottom of it. However most landowners do not know that with small creeks. On rivers the adjancent land owners generally understand that they dont own the bottom of the river, but with small steams and creeks that is not the case. And its not a point i want to argue with a land owner when they have a gun in my face. If i want to prospect a small stream or creek in VA i get landowner permission to access it. Getting permission for small streams and creeks gives prospectors a good name in the community.

Even if the law says the state owns the bed if you access the creek and get caught by the adjacent landowner it goes towards giving prospectors a bad name, and possibly still have the law called on you, regardless of what the law actually says. Stick to public access of rivers and youll be fine, if you want access a small creek get landowner permission or join the Central Virginia Gold Prospectors club.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These laws change w/ the wind....Well then, can someone pull-up the 'Exact wording of the law", As of today ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread