Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We've been finding placer gold in Rye Patch for years now but have yet to locate the source of the gold.

Finally going to do some drilling to see what lies underneath.

There are "bubbles" of epithermal quartz that contain some gold but we still want to see if there are actual veins out there.

Rye Patch is strewn with mineralization but after almost 100 years no one has located the gold source.

If any of you have some thoughts on Rye Patch we're listening.

Chuck

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There has been a lot of drilling and sampling in your area Chuck. I can't share the results I've been privy to but I can tell you your description of the epithermal veins is a familiar story.

Suffice it to say that although some of the biggest mining companies in the world have conducted exploration on the patch it's probably going to be up to the small time operator to define a richer area at depth and mine it. It's not the next Carlin Trend but for the little guy it has the possibility of paying off.

Good luck on your drilling plan. I hope you find your claims are worth developing. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans
Barry

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There has been a lot of drilling and sampling in your area Chuck. I can't share the results I've been privy to but I can tell you your description of the epithermal veins is a familiar story.

Suffice it to say that although some of the biggest mining companies in the world have conducted exploration on the patch it's probably going to be up to the small time operator to define a richer area at depth and mine it. It's not the next Carlin Trend but for the little guy it has the possibility of paying off.

Good luck on your drilling plan. I hope you find your claims are worth developing. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans
Barry

Thanks Barry.

Yep there are a few generations of old timers out there and there are some secrets well kept.

As it should be.

We've never drilled before and are looking forward to the experience.

Thanks as always for the words of wisdom.

Chuck

Last edited:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three things i want to know about the rye patch.

One is how deep is bed rock

Two how much gold is found with Quartz still on it.

Three how beaten or stream rounded is the gold.

I have worked gold fields around the southwest and know there are some its a waste of time looking for loads because they are glacieral fields.

And the rye patch in NV is just about far enough north to be glacier moved or ice shoved ground from Lake Lahontan.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm really pulling for you guys to strike it.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suspect most of the placer gold in Rye Patch is eluvial augoldminer. I've seen many crystalline chevron nuggets found there.

Chevron.png

Some have theorized the chevron structure comes from being shoreline deposits but I don't see how that is possible.

Heavy Pans

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suspect most of the placer gold in Rye Patch is eluvial augoldminer. I've seen many crystalline chevron nuggets found there.

View attachment 1683661

Some have theorized the chevron structure comes from being shoreline deposits but I don't see how that is possible.

Heavy Pans

That thing looks like some fossilized Transformer that crashed here from outer space. Awesome. Any gold is easy on these eyes but that type just wins in my opinion.

It's been said that there are enough precious metals in the earths core to cover the earth 4 meters thick! Keep Drilling :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions