Watching gold rush the other day.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By deserdog
  • 2 Post By bedrock bubba
  • 3 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 2 Post By RTR
  • 2 Post By arizau
  • 3 Post By Hoser John
  • 2 Post By placertogo
  • 2 Post By russau

Thread: Watching gold rush the other day.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2013
    437 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I was watching gold rush the other day, and Parker was having a access road made to his claim by Tony Beeks. And they uncovered some virgin gravel. Parkeer did a test pan and got about 15 colors or so. Is this pretty good?
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jun 2010
    390 times
    Yes!
    A2coins and russau like this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10702 times
    Prospecting

Quote Originally Posted by deserdog View Post
    I was watching gold rush the other day, and Parker was having a access road made to his claim by Tony Beeks. And they uncovered some virgin gravel. Parkeer did a test pan and got about 15 colors or so. Is this pretty good?
    Depends on particle size. 15 colors all -150 mesh ainít ****. Both because it doesnít add up to much and because their commercial scale equipment wonít catch it anyway!
    arizau, A2coins and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    14671 times
    15 colors per pan per , X 1 Million yards of material processed adds up.
    ratled and A2coins like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3035 times
    Prospecting
    I watched the episode and many visible colors appeared to me to be somewhere above 20 mesh. That would add up in a hurry if the pan is truly representative of the total deposit. Bear in mind that the wash plant runs about 200 or so yards per hour and a pan full is probably less than a half gallon in volume eg. a tiny fraction of a yard of pay.
    KevinInColorado and A2coins like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6687 times
    The kid just broke $7 mil and 6,100+ oz for the season wow-John
    russau, RTR and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    31801 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thats impressive

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    342 times
    Impressive but you have to figure the total amount of material processed and the costs of equipment, fuel, labor, claim royalties, etc.
    Clay Diggins and russau like this.

May 2013
    437 times
    Years ago in Cajon Pass, I test panned an area, and got 42 colors in 3 pans. I set my sluice up there and would shovel about an hour before work every day. My black sand, after panning down to mostly black san, would have 5 to 10 colors per tablespoon.

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    175 times
    Quote Originally Posted by placertogo View Post
    Impressive but you have to figure the total amount of material processed and the costs of equipment, fuel, labor, claim royalties, etc.
    Yep. Parker's stated that he's spent over $1 million per season in fuel costs alone.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4505 times
    What gets me is the amounts of gold they do get VRS. the amount of gold that is left on the ground that their dozer or lift cant get. You would think that after they are done getting the vast amount of gold that their equipment can get that a enterprising miner don't go in and suck up what id left in the cracks and low spots with a dry land dredge or something similar that will capture this gold. OR maybe they just don't show that in another show. I know this material isn't worth their time and investment to get BUT still

us
    Aug 2010
    Maine USA
    342 times
    I have watched their sluice operations and gold sizes at weigh-ins and am convinced they are losing a fortune in finer sizes of gold.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    527 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    What gets me is the amounts of gold they do get VRS. the amount of gold that is left on the ground that their dozer or lift cant get. You would think that after they are done getting the vast amount of gold that their equipment can get that a enterprising miner don't go in and suck up what id left in the cracks and low spots with a dry land dredge or something similar that will capture this gold. OR maybe they just don't show that in another show. I know this material isn't worth their time and investment to get BUT still
    I was at the Black Thunder Mine in Wright, WY getting a tour, and while this is coal and not gold mining, this 300 ton truck comes around the bend to back into the crusher and coal rolls off the truck in a huge heap. I said, "You guys must scape that up at the end of the shift and run it through the crusher?" And he said, "No, it is just waste." I said, "That would heat my house for the rest of my life", to which the man said he had never thought of that way before?

They did not grow up on a farm, I can assure you. I don't know how you can see that much waste and not recover it.

Sponsored Links