Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta say I did like Dave
But the longer he stayed with turd Hoffman the less I thought of his judgement

I don't think judgement had anything to do with it.
Discovery was paying him a nice check and now he's going to get more.
I would have stuck it out too.
Let's see some gold.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoyed the novelty of gold rush for a few seasons. Don't watch it anymore. 20 minutes of scripted, repeated drama, laced into 40 minutes of commercials. Can't tolerate commercials anymore. Just can't. Hope you enjoy it.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the novelty of gold rush for a few seasons. Don't watch it anymore. 20 minutes of scripted, repeated drama, laced into 40 minutes of commercials. Can't tolerate commercials anymore. Just can't. Hope you enjoy it.

I get how you feel, but I've invested so much time into watching the show that I can't help but still keep watching anyway.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get how you feel, but I've invested so much time into watching the show that I can't help but still keep watching anyway.

It is the one treasure hunting show that finds Treasure though. Gold pans full. I think Dave will be swinging a metal detector and chasing rumors. Will watch and see.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The Montana Motherlode episode has some truth behind the story. I have covered this one in my books.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I RECORD MOST OF WHAT I WATCH fast forward... THE DRUG COMMERCIALS MAKE ME more crazy than i already am...:smileinbox:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amen on the drug ads
I get confused about which drug I want the doctor to give me first, I want them all!

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked Dave, but there's plenty of reason to question his judgement. He stuck with the Hoffman's while watching them make some of the worst business decisions ever televised. He was unable to control his temper on more than one occasion.

Hopefully the producers and directors on the new show guide and control him and just use him as their talking head. Decision making and temper management are certainly not his virtues.

Either way I wish him best of luck in a very crowded market segment.

-Joe

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Do any so called lost mines really exist?Someone found or perhaps not a piece of rich float quartz and they were killed or died..a map was found...a story was told after a few drinks..where are all these fabulous rich mines?What lost mine was ever rediscovered?There were many lost miners and prospectors then and it seems many more these days.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
There are many lost mine stories, the one for this Montana episode I traced back to a very old article. This morning I checked on Amazon and my book with this one is in the top ten out of over 4,000 listings. Once the episode airs I could post my story and for those interested they can compare the episode to see if they tried to solve the mystery or just went for film footage. I have been on one show so far.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any so called lost mines really exist?Someone found or perhaps not a piece of rich float quartz and they were killed or died..a map was found...a story was told after a few drinks..where are all these fabulous rich mines?What lost mine was ever rediscovered?There were many lost miners and prospectors then and it seems many more these days.

With all the landslides happening recently along the Sierra Nevadas due to the rains, I can easily see a mine getting completely buried by a landslide to never be found again.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes.........The "Lost Mormon" gold mine was discovered in the mid/late 1800's in the Death Valley region, was known as a rich strike then somehow lost to the hands of time. Considered just a fable by many, it was re discovered in the 1960's by prospector/desert explorer Emmett Harder (after exhaustive research, extensive blasting and trenching). Emmett worked it for some time and took out an impressive amount of gold.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the flooding in California, I want a show looking for newly exposed gold!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With all the landslides happening recently along the Sierra Nevadas due to the rains, I can easily see a mine getting completely buried by a landslide to never be found again.

The Motherlode is pock marked with thousands of unnamed abandoned mine shafts and holes. Completely buried is not as much a problem as slightly covered over or brush hidden. Take care when off the trail.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Cool concept. I must have missed it. The link is confusing though. It says episodes 105, 106 & 107 were aired last Friday and they were the beginning of season 1. Where are the prior 104 episodes or are they just messing with us ? Also says it begins in April but these episodes were last week in the beginning of March ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread