OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol go to about 7:40 or so.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm pumped up so I'm gonna put my sandals on, take a hike and go get me some of that super shiny stuff! Looks easy.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw this a month ago and was highly upset that they stumbled onto my secret spot......

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really some BS for creators like myself and others..

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I would have to say that of all the wild & really in the outback streams and river sections I've been around (in 50 yrs of hiking in the Sierra Nevada's in NorCal) I've found one piece of iron pyrite (3" x 1" x 1") that was larger than what they show but then again it was iron pyrite (at 5 feet away from me that "nugget" it was so big and bright mmmmmy heart was in my throat, up close I noticed the cubic crystal structure). It was exciting but Not Au.

To Quote someone: It reminds me of wild hickory nuts (w/gold paint) or it seems to good to be true, IMHO............63bkpkr

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't watch the video, but those look a lot like spray painted rocks. Not saying they are, but they look like it.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those folks don't hold a monopoly on faux gold. Here's a piece of lead retrieved from a bon fire about 20 years ago. I was in the sign business at the time and had quite a bit of 23K gold leaf on hand so I thought, what the heck and proceeded to brush some oil based size on the chunk and went crazy with the leaf. What you're looking at is 23K gold but it's only 2 thousands of an inch thick. I also saw the video of them using a house hold collandar...what a joke! Amazing how those large nuggets didn't sink down through that silty sandy material but instead were just laying two inches below the surface. Next. they'll be writing a book about gold prospecting made easy.
Bob 105_0373.JPG

Last edited:

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Grandfather used to tell me: "Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear."

Seems appropriate for this.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL if i used a pan like that id never bring anything home from the streams i've been in...

... Looks good for draining pasta though.

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have been born at night, but not last night!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
About 35 years ago I made a really nice placer discovery on one of my claims. It was at the base of a 1 foot waterfall into a plunge pool that was a 1o ft by 10 ft bedrock pocket....almost a perfect bowl shaped area with the downstream section blocked with an up rise in the bedrock. Up stream was even a bigger waterfall and deep pool. I was excited about dredging it. So my brother and I put on scuba gear (this is before I had the air hooka systems). We began dredging and he was on the nozzle and I was up at the sluice. After about a 1/2 hour being down on the nozzle he came up with a tennis ball size nugget in his gloved hand. I think I walked on water to get to him.

He placed it in my hand and immediately I knew it was not a gold nugget.....it had no weight to it. Long story short....some friends had snuck up to the pool and thrown a gold painted rock into the hole.

Yep...I think I did walk on water that day.

Bejay

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Amazingly free of any quartz buildup....

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing how every nugget is of the same texture, size and roundness. And best of all only a few inches deep in fine sand on a straight away in a river and even right on top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread