Historic hwy 49 Bridge collapsed today over south yuba river

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.broadstreetbeacon.com/highway-49-bridge-finally-collapses-after-decades-of-predictions/

I literally just got home from a outing a couple bends down river from the bridge, I have drone footage I took today of it as well, might be the last known footage of it..

It happened right after we left, we could have all died I think, We left cuz it started raining, I think the flow picked up cuz it didnt look anything like it does in the picture.

wow..

Upvote 0

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Put your footage on....the pic on the site is photoshopped....

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years back I asked for some pictures of high water and one Tneter posted a picture of I believe that bridge with the water nearly at the pavement so when I saw the picture at the hot link site I was shocked. Yes one can see the cut out lines but one must look closely! Yes, that would be a shock if that bridge went down. But it is not April yet (aka April Fools)........63bkpkr ( hows your heart rate, come down some) Very nice your are still getting out, that takes fortitude!

Seeing your footage would be Superb!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They got me, I started getting texts about the article and just fell for it..

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years back I asked for some pictures of high water and one Tneter posted a picture of I believe that bridge with the water nearly at the pavement so when I saw the picture at the hot link site I was shocked. Yes one can see the cut out lines but one must look closely! Yes, that would be a shock if that bridge went down. But it is not April yet (aka April Fools)........63bkpkr ( hows your heart rate, come down some) Very nice your are still getting out, that takes fortitude!

Seeing your footage would be Superb!!
Ill be posting a video on my YouTube channel soon of this trip with the drone footage from today.

Yeah I was shocked, I literally thought I just missed a flash flood.

The person who posted this on Facebook initially works at a reputable mining supply shop in Grass Valley and I think that didn't help as a local posting made me believe it even more.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Didnt Godzilla wipe out the Golden Gate Bridge also? :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread