Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: California Hiking-Fishing-Prospecting advise

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Las Cruces, NM
    77 times
    Prospecting
    Thx N-Lionberger, we have it on the list and haven't quite ruled it out yet. We are just thinking the weather might be a little better to the south some down by the American and Yuba areas right now??

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4666 times
    Prospecting
    mamich You might look at the Western States Trail in Placer County CA. A section of trail goes from "Michigan Bluff to Last Chance" about 18 miles long and was actually an old toll trail for miners. Creeks, Canyons and clear fresh air.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    665 times
    Prospecting
    Its a little early still for the Trinities. I assume the same down south elevation wise you will encounter similar extremes.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11369 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Been digging in a t-shirt all week. Chilly in the morning.

weather man said mid 70's in the valley next week.

So, the foothills are perfect.

us
    Mar 2016
    Las Cruces, NM
    77 times
    Prospecting
    Thx goldenmojo, looks like a good hike to do plus lots of other trails in the area. That whole NF area looks like a great place to get lost for a week of pleasure. What's cell service like, if it's nill to nun even better!

us
    Mar 2016
    Las Cruces, NM
    77 times
    Prospecting
    That's great to hear Goldwasher, glad you've been able to get out and enjoy the early spring before more of the wet stuff comes in. Looking at the weather forecast seems like the rains will be back for the next couple of weeks.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4666 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mamich View Post
    Thx goldenmojo, looks like a good hike to do plus lots of other trails in the area. That whole NF area looks like a great place to get lost for a week of pleasure. What's cell service like, if it's nill to nun even better!
    Cell service is spotty at best when you get off the pavement. The town of Iowa Hill near Colfax is about 10 miles from the 1-80 freeway on the East side of the NF and they have no electricity over there. The local store/ watering hole runs on a generator.
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Las Cruces, NM
    77 times
    Prospecting
    That sounds great, we are looking at avoiding the day to day and just enjoying what God created. Bummer is I just looked at the fishing regs for California and seems like none of the rivers and streams open for trout fishing until the last weekend in April, we were looking forward to eating some fish by the campfire and kicking back.
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    133 times
    Prospecting
    The area on the South Yuba where I have a claim has year round fishing as far as I can tell. The regs only apply to the river downstream of a dam, which I am above. Maybe the area you’re looking might have similar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links