Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By Asmbandits
  • 2 Post By et1955
  • 1 Post By Asmbandits
  • 3 Post By Goldwasher
  • 3 Post By OwenT
  • 7 Post By wildminer
  • 2 Post By johnedoe

Thread: Sluice Goose Golddrop, what do you think?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    2126 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Sluice Goose Golddrop, what do you think?

I saw this device recently in a video a youtuber made showing it in action at the Fresno gold show. I thought it was interesting and very similar to vortex separators I see used in the carwash industry for separating heavies from wash water in one of the reclamation processes.

I received a response that he has a patent and its not similar.. Funny how it looks, functions very much the same and produces the same results.. I get it, its not the same, but I feel some credit to the psychics and devices that came prior to are due at least. Some folks seem to want to take all the credit, gold claw has a patent on their pan but it still is a gold pan and functions fundamentally the same.. Possibly I'm just stubborn from having to remove heavies from the collection area every site visit at work, yeah they don't work the same and accomplish the same.. Heavies are heavies, and its particle separation based on specific gravity still...
    et1955 and Goldwasher like this.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2126 times

At the end of this video you can see the most current revision of this device in action.

It you happen to check out the comments you can see the backlash I received for pointing out similarities of systems I work with every day. Seems the designer and the youtuber don't appreciate my comparison..
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Charter Member
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    762 times
    Prospecting
    Lets get him to run beach gold and black sand, that would convince me it works.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2126 times
    HAHA so funny, youtube algorithms at work as I never seen this until after I watched a couple sluice goose videos.. Sure does look similar..
    et1955 likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11369 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I think they got rid of your comments I didn't see them.

Stuff like this is only "faster" and "better" until you gain real experience.

Then it becomes dusty and in the way.

The gold claw oh, brother.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    455 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by et1955 View Post
    Lets get him to run beach gold and black sand, that would convince me it works.
    Yea I remeber watching some of the first videos demonstrating the flow pan, Doc said he had put some gold in a bucke of dirt and was going to pan it out with the flow pan. Well he did but those 4 or 5 pieces that he recovered were practically nuggets. I might have been able to get those out using the 5 gallon bucket as a pan just as fast.

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    739 times
    Prospecting
    American ingenuity at work I guess, but every time I check out a new wheel it is still round.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1970 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Just another overcomplicated elutriation tube...................
    Goldhogs gold cyclone worked just as well and a lot less complicated.
    Last edited by johnedoe; Mar 15, 2019 at 12:06 AM.
    et1955 and wildminer like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links