Help Wanted - Good Prospect

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for an ambitious worker not afraid to take the lead.

Must be a good listener and able to follow directions.
Previous machete experience will be given preference.

49FA34BD-BB11-479D-8F72-FEC65344EB4D.jpeg

Will negotiate wages upon initial discovery.

Upvote 0

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like your living room. I've got plans to someday have a small cabin in a similiar style.
Complete with an old gas cook stove and trash burner.

Did you harvest the timber yourself?

Hey thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the wood was mostly harvested from off of our farm, but that includes other things too, like the gravel used to make the concrete, and even splitting the slate from out back to make the flooring for the entryway, and the slate as a backsplash in the kitchen. I have just always applied the thought, "Do as much for yourself as you cam", and it has served me well.

My wife loves the 1930's, so we set that whole house up to have that look. It is not 100% 1930's as it has the creature comforts of a modern home, but generally has the 1930 look.

That includes a 1917 Crawford Gas Stove which is our everyday stove. It beats anything you can buy today that is for sure.

Edited to say: Katie is wearing her real 1930 silk green dress in this picture.

DSCN5254.JPG

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is our "trash burner", which is a 1893 Woods and Bishop Pot Bellied stove, a stove design I really like. I just love having options because this is Maine, and we have such a long, hard heating season. With a pot belly stove I can burn either firewood or coal.

As always, Katie models thing much better than I ever could, and again wearing clothing from the 1930's.

DSCN5237.JPG

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know the last two pictures do not show the 1930's look all that well, but this one sure does. It looks like it came right out of the 1930's, but obviously Katie is not that old. (39 years old). I am just including it so that you can see what I mean by setting the house up to look like the 1930's.

DSCN5246bw.jpg

DSCN5246.JPG

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ore cart. hope you get better from the cancer. you have a good partner there. it does make life better

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OreCart Katie is a beautiful woman. I'll bet she's a good woman to you.

Well done my man.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OreCart Katie is a beautiful woman. I'll bet she's a good woman to you.

Well done my man.

Katie is a sweetheart. She is actually a high-end banker and does quite well, just because she cares about her customers.

The bank sometimes takes issue because they want her to "sell" more stuff, but we are not like that in our personal lives. We do not have credit card debt, we always use cash because I have yet to find a credit card that says, "In God We Trust". And we buy cars with cash, and build our houses as we go, and do not use mortgages. The debt-free lifestyle is not very popular today, especially with a bank, but it is very hard for Katie to "sell" a customer something, especially if it would be detrimental to them financially. So she does really well with customer service, but not so well with her employer.

It is hard because she does everything right, almost perfect customer service, and nearly flawless federal banking law compliance, but her quarterly "sales" are lower then the goals they set for her.

Her 1930 silk green dress is actually not all that flattering. In more modern clothes she is actually quite pretty.

DSCN3009.jpg

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are the same way with debt. I figure if I can afford it, then I cant afford it as debt either.

My entire family is mostly immune to the poisonous plants and have never had reactions. I can jump in it and hack away with oil all over me, never an issue. Being from kansas I practically grew up in the stuff as its everywhere. Maybe that helped. It's nice for prospecting no doubt.
When I was a kid in scout camp, another kid wiped his butt and had major issues once I remember. I hear it's very uncomfortable.

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a very comfortable home.
Difficult to believe that pot belly stove heats a house in Maine!
Must have alternative heat.

Here's to spring
:occasion14:

Sunshine and green grass is on its way.
Nothing feels better than a 68 degree day of sunshine after a long winter.
Our fruit trees are just getting ready to bloom. Going to fertilize my lawn today.
Be mowing it in 3 weeks.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a very comfortable home.
Difficult to believe that pot belly stove heats a house in Maine!
Must have alternative heat.

No, you are right, that pot bellied stove is just for back-up. The whole house has radiant floor hydronic heat. The primary boiler is propane driven, but as a supplemental heat source we have a wood/coal boiler. In this way, that home is geothermal/propane/firewood/coal heated. In Mine you want multiple heat sources.

We have since moved out of that house and into my late-grandmother's home across the street. Renting that house out, then selling it fell through, so now we are turning it into a day care center. That will get Katie out of her lucrative, but high stress banking job, and making a decent income still. We used to be a foster home, so we already meet a lot of the requirements.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is that other boiler.

It was funny in that some guys from another forum helped me plumb it up, and jokingly asked for a photo, "of the boiler...and Katie...to see which one was better looking."

I told Katie this, and she agreed to have her picture taken next to the boiler. Still it absolutely floored me when she came out in her little red dress. She will wear it on dates and stuff, so it is not like she will not wear it out in public anyway, but she knew it was going onto a stove forum nonetheless. I thought that was pretty fun-loving, and yet brazen. It is a little more flattering than her 1930 green dress I think!

DSCN1714.JPG

OP
OP
IMAUDIGGER

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is that other boiler.

It was funny in that some guys from another forum helped me plumb it up, and jokingly asked for a photo, "of the boiler...and Katie...to see which one was better looking."

I told Katie this, and she agreed to have her picture taken next to the boiler. Still it absolutely floored me when she came out in her little red dress. She will wear it on dates and stuff, so it is not like she will not wear it out in public anyway, but she knew it was going onto a stove forum nonetheless. I thought that was pretty fun-loving, and yet brazen. It is a little more flattering than her 1930 green dress I think!

View attachment 1697209

Well at least your keeping it G rated around here LOL.

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ore cart a fellow named david lee wrote for backwoods home magizine about hearing with wood burning a hot quick fire and capturing thew heat in mass that radiate it for days just an idea if you want to get away from the propane.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well at least your keeping it G rated around here LOL.

No, we go to church so I would never post anything inappropriate.

It was funny one time though because we went on a double-date with another couple from church. The wife had found a little red dress like Katie's, and wanted to go out, but her husband was a little apprehensive about it. So she asked us about a double-date which we readily agreed too. We knew she really wanted to wear it out, and need us as an excuse, so we did, and it was a lot of fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread