Clay Worst Dutchman Lecture

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very good lecture by clay. very knowledgeable man

Ron

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Clay is still kicking and online...thank you for sharing what you know.
Sounds like you were a good friend.

A vein that wide and that rich would have enriched the gully and creek bottom below for miles.
Additionally where there is one paying vein there is usually others.
Water in the draws in the spring time..

Was that you Terry that found a creek in that area that had placer gold?

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Why would there be more than one paying vein in an area?It's possible,but veins 10,50, or a hundred feet away might be totally barren.There are zones of mineralization and they can be long distances apart.I doubt any vein or mine is or did enrich a gully or creek bottom for miles.Color maybe,enrichment no way.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would there be more than one paying vein in an area?It's possible,but veins 10,50, or a hundred feet away might be totally barren.There are zones of mineralization and they can be long distances apart.I doubt any vein or mine is or did enrich a gully or creek bottom for miles.Color maybe,enrichment no way.

Your experience may vary. Sounds like you have it figured out pretty well.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not to mention that the vein was below the surface. May have only had a small portion visible to start with. Might have had very little eroded away and carried very far. I've never been interested in the LDM, but Clay's story sure gives me an itch to go look. Thanks for posting, Terry!
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread