Can anyone direct me to online resources about gold claims and info?

Scotius

Greenie
Dec 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad wants to do some (mainly) panning for placer gold and possibly light dredging/sluicing. He's 84, but he's in unbelievable shape for his age. He doesn't know much about the internet however.

What he DOES know though is that it's a lot easier to get info online than to write to sources of info and wait for snail mail :)

We're looking for information on gold claims, where they're at, where the expired ones are, where gold has been found in Northern Canada, specifically Northern Ontario, but other info sources as well.

Anything related really, and any advice is much appreciated.

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Online look up MyLandMatters for the United States. Not sure about Canada.

Last edited:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do a google search for Gold Platinum Exploration and you just might find the info you are looking for. (Canada specific)

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do a google search for gpex. There you will find a very good gold forum that is mostly canadian specific. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people there.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with ArizAu. Quickest and easiest would be to join a club up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread