All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captian Nemo " ther rest of the stream might produce one to two ounces a day at most. from your lips to gods ears if I could consistantly do that I likely would not mow another lawn again. [grin]

That's what I heard coming from a claim on nearby Peter's Creek. One claim there pulled ~156 grams in a day. A lot of claims just closed there for some reason according to Alaska Mapper. I know there were a bunch of corporate claims there, and a few private. Might be that they had the 2 year prospecting claims that expired. If the creek is still doing that, I'm surprised they're walking away. If they did, there's some good open ground for you up there! When I stop at the recorder's office to precheck my ground, I'll find out why.

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering how many cubic yards of material goes through a highbanker in 1 hour ? johnnysau

very far from expert but with my boses keene we used to adverage 2/3s to a yard an hour... some 4 years back when I was really gung ho I would say I loaded in 2 cubic feet a minute ( likely exzagerating) but even 6 shovels a minute would be about 60 cubic feet of pay dirt that had been stacked by a back hoe thats two cubic yards and got almost no gold because the riffles were all filled up. the neene is 12 inches wide and I think about a yard an hour is its limit. maybe watch gopld hogs vidies and see what he said about capasoity?

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then going off the 2/3 of a yard estimate, about $80.00 a yard is extremely rich if you have a lot of it being moved with a dozer. Hi banker don't know the answer to that question, depends upon the person i guess. My 2 cents.

johnnysau

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then going off the 2/3 of a yard estimate, about $80.00 a yard is extremely rich if you have a lot of it being moved with a dozer. Hi banker don't know the answer to that question, depends upon the person i guess. My 2 cents.

johnnysau

I think I would be happy with 40 a yard material. My boss likes to clean out hourly to ssee how we are doing and I workl to run a little longer both because I think it is more efficent and in hopes their will be more gold in the concentrate so he will he happyer. working on my own if I ran 5 yards a day and got 200 in gold I think I would have the world by the tail. then again I am not the best busness man in the world having sold half a cord of wood, at three hours gathering for 15 $

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Seafox, based upon my calculations on your 5 yards for $200 bucks, i come up with 11 extremely fine flakes or .13 full grains per 20 LBS of material if i am doing this correctly.
johnnysau

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread