PlugUgly

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2019
Leadville CO
Detector(s) used
Garret at Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am a Greenhorn and want to learn from experience. I will be in the Leadville CO. area all summer and looking for a friend to prospect with. I am a 61 year old retired firefighter with a able body and am eager to learn an have fun. I have my own tools and sluice. I will be campground hosting in the area and will have lots of time during the week an little time on weekends.

Upvote 0

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a really good spot I would like you to check out. I have 2 strong boys and would love to come up for a couple days. I found a spot that needs a high banker. Or a pump to run water up from the stream. It is a great place as long as it is not claimed up. Send me a message, it sounds like a good time. Lots of water in the streams this spring!!! I used to live in Leadville and love going back! Welcome to tnet! Cliff

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live just over the hill to the north of Leadville in Silverthorne. There are lots of unclaimable, public access spots downstream from Leadville and over by me too. I’d be happy to meet up this summer. I also recently published a book full of public, unclaimable dig sites across Colorado. You can get it direct from me or on Amazon (among other places). Send me a private message for details.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555075436.903001.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PlugUgly

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2019
Leadville CO
Detector(s) used
Garret at Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I will contact you soon, we will show up in Leaville late May

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pack your woolies. Probably still snowpack close by at that time of the year. Over 10,000' elevation at Leadville.

Good luck.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Plug to Tnet I use to prospect up East Tennessee creek it has been awhile though it use to be fairly easy with 4X4 to get in there. Good gold they ran a dredge in there you will see the tailing's pile gold is up on the sides towards the back.It is off the HWY heading towards Minturn heading out of Leadville use to set the sluice up in the creek and screen buckets and run it down to the sluice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread