WHY

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I've been researching ground in Nevada.

There are several "companies" that have a lot of ground under location for several years. Paying full fees to BLM.

But, never recording anything at the county.

EVER!!! For assesment year after assesment year.

I thought maybe the docs just weren't showing up in the county online database for claims. Then I did find several that were so, maybe thats not the case.

I'm not a claim jumper..

But, in situations like this becoming a junior claimant does't seem wrong unethical or even amount to "claim jumping"

Not that intersted in ending up in court ...BUT?

Not supposed to prospect it...so.. no way to legally file the location....I know we've gone over this all before.

I'm finding this stuff while doing my due dilligence and discovering tied up ground that isn't really "legally" "tied up"

Or is it?

Thoughts?

:dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, I've been researching ground in Nevada.

There are several "companies" that have a lot of ground under location for several years. Paying full fees to BLM.

But, never recording anything at the county.

EVER!!! For assesment year after assesment year.

I thought maybe the docs just weren't showing up in the county online database for claims. Then I did find several that were so, thats not the case.

I'm not a claim jumper..

But, in situations like this becoming a junior claimant does't seem wrong unethical or even amount to "claim jumping"

Not that intersted in ending up in court ...BUT?

Not supposed to prospect it...so.. no way to legally file the location....I know we've gone over this all before.

I'm finding this stuff while doing my due dilligence and discovering tied up ground that isn't really "legally" "tied up"

Or is it?

Thoughts?

:dontknow:

This is not my area of expertise, but it would seem to me, the best thing to do is contact the ones paying full fees to the BML, and notify them that they do not legally have mineral rights.

Put them on the spot; tell them you would be interested in their "claim" such as it is (not that it legally is, but using the term "theirs" to indicate what they probably think is theirs). If they really want it, they will go to the county and make it legal, but if they have no real interest, then you might get first refusal.

In this way you stay out of the courts. Sure you will miss out on some claims that people make legal, but if there is plenty of them out there, then surely some will not be interested in them anymore.

Give them six months, the ones that you notified and they did not make legal, well then you would have more ammunition going into court. "Well your honor, I notified them six months ago that it was not a legal claim, and they did nothing." You warned them, so it is no longer ignorance, but stupidity.

Is such graciousness required? No, but the big black book, with very thin pages, in red ink basically says, "Love God with all your heart, and be nice to others."

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Nevermind:laughing7:

Phone call has been made owner answered.

Not everything is that easily searched via online portals..

We have exchanged email addresses.

He runs a nice outfit. Paying ground. They are sample drilling and have water permits from the state . I actually found that before I contacted him.

He's emailing me an old report and we are gonna meet up and he's gonna give me some tips on ground they dropped and that is open.

Little known areas I sussed out in my researching. It's nice to be in contact with someone who has boots on the ground in the area :headbang:

Moral of the story... there is always more due dilligence due.

And it never hurts to ask permission. :icon_thumleft:

Nevada Gold here I come.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

He runs a nice outfit. Paying ground. They are sample drilling and have water permits from the state . I actually found that before I contacted him.

He's emailing me an old report and we are gonna meet up and he's gonna give me some tips on ground they dropped and that is open.

Little known areas I sussed out in my researching. It's nice to be in contact with someone who has boots on the ground in the area :headbang:

Nevada Gold here I come.

I am glad to hear it worked out.

ButteCo.Bedrock

Mar 2, 2017
NorCal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nevada Gold here I come.

In my line of work we always say that communication is one of the keys to survival...

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not tied up at all if they didnt file with the county.

They are. it just didn't show up online. They pay taxes every year. Can't pay taxes when you don't have a recording.

Nice guy holds a lot of ground. A lot of professional exploration has been done.

Can't wait to get out there.

Thats why you always need to go to the county in person. Which I will be doing to check on some other areas nearby I have been researching.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just call the blm and ask them if its open :laughing7:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool good to know hes legit and sounds like a nice guy. He probably gets bored and lonely out there and might be looking for a "friend" so be careful if he breaks out the lotion for his dry miner hands hehe.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't depend on the BLM. They once told me some ground was open when it wasn't. They filed it in the wrong state. Also right now the BLM is way behind in registering claims because of the shut down. I'm still waiting.

I was joking, yes this is the last place to simply ask sadly.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nevada Gold here I come.
Nice!!! If Dave Turin can find gold in Nevada. You should do very well!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't depend on the BLM. They once told me some ground was open when it wasn't. They filed it in the wrong state. Also right now the BLM is way behind in registering claims because of the shut down. I'm still waiting.[/QUOT

Major sarcasm applied

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! If Dave Turin can find gold in Nevada. You should do very well!

Oh I know I will

Been eyeing the area for a while now. The reports on the area are awesome.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just call the blm and ask them if its open :laughing7:

Don't forget BLM is an "Information only" entity. They have nothing to do with Due Dilligence. In most County's eyes, they are worthless and only county recording matters. I'm taxed by the county, not BLM. BLM cannot close your claim for non payment, if your paperwork is current with your county of record. They might show it as closed, but it's not. Screw BLM.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget BLM is an "Information only" entity. They have nothing to do with Due Dilligence. In most County's eyes, they are worthless and only county recording matters. I'm taxed by the county, not BLM. BLM cannot close your claim for non payment, if your paperwork is current with your county of record. They might show it as closed, but it's not. Screw BLM.

Yes, just trying to make a joke that no one seemed to get, sorry about that I guess :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sorry but thats just not true.

don't pay blm and you will lose your claim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread