Stanley TP-08

logjam

Greenie
Mar 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if any of you have used this pump to pump sand, gravel, and small rocks.

Was looking for a method to sample, and a pump capable of lifting material off the bottom and up to a box level on the deck of a vessel at seven feet above the water line...kind of a tall order for the jet log on my dredge.

Upvote 0

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'd be better off rebuilding a pontoon boat with the sluice under the deck.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its a trash pump. It is designed to pump dirty water, some sediment and pass a few rocks, stuff that would kill a centrifugal pump in short order. However, it wont be good and pumping slurry directly which is what you will be doing. It will work for a while but it will fail.

OP
OP
L

logjam

Greenie
Mar 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a trash pump. It is designed to pump dirty water, some sediment and pass a few rocks, stuff that would kill a centrifugal pump in short order. However, it wont be good and pumping slurry directly which is what you will be doing. It will work for a while but it will fail.
That’s what I was afraid of and looking for an opinion from someone that has used one, not someone thats trying to sell one. I’m not trying to use one for production, but thinking of renting one for a month. Just trying to figure out if it would last that long.
Thank you guys for trying to save me from myself!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you use a rental to pump slurry for a month you will end up buying a pump that doesn't pump anymore.
Get a pump that will produce some volume and pressure and power up a jet or suction nozzle. It will actually do what you want it to do and not destroy the pump.
You will be dredging, use a dredge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread