Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the east coast....But I have followed some of the things that were twisted up in this video. Some of this stuff makes a person wanna spit fire. Just the twisted up way that things are explained. It happens all the time in all topics....

Also....Why, do the "experts" in this video look and talk like zombies? It was like watching a blank faced robot. Just sayin.....:laughing7:

I have no clue if it hurts the salmon, trout...I really don't see how it's any different than what happens naturally, that whole bottom is always moving. But making guys that were standing up for themselves sound like people that weren't following laws? Is a little low. They were following laws as far as I understand. Who wasn't following law in that situation? Why, isn't that mentioned?

Last edited:
OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same location South Fork Clearwater river April 13, 2019
what is it that needs to be rehabilitated from the small scale dredging?

56624589_2211362798957784_7863143413036613632_n.jpg . 57155186_2211363065624424_2556190231921426432_n.jpg
56775583_2211363285624402_7565381138655477760_n.jpg . 56640091_2211363792291018_2380223897090916352_n.jpg

Last edited:

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel your pain.

Having young daughters, they are always watching PBS shows and stuff, and every occupation is well represented and shown with respectable people, but when it comes to farmers, they always show them in overalls, with a bad crop of hair chewing on a shock of straw with one tooth. REALLY?

When Katie and I go out, we typically dress up, and most of the time are the most well dressed people at the restaurant, yet we shock them when we tell them we are farmers.

But I am used to being the bad guy. Farming, logging, mining....none are respected in society today. And on a personal level, oh my; I am male and married to my female wife, love my four daughters, do not have credit cards, pay everything in cash, do as much for myself as I can, own guns, and even go to church...and so naturally I am considered the worst American in this country! (Insert hip deep sarcasm here)

I do not let the Greenies bother me anymore. The last time the Maine Department of Environmental Protection showed up, I just asked them how much the fine was going to be so I could get back to work.

Attachments

• Mr and Mrs Ore Cart.jpg
    Mr and Mrs Ore Cart.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain.

Having young daughters, they are always watching PBS shows and stuff, and every occupation is well represented and shown with respectable people, but when it comes to farmers, they always show them in overalls, with a bad crop of hair chewing on a shock of straw with one tooth. REALLY?

When Katie and I go out, we typically dress up, and most of the time are the most well dressed people at the restaurant, yet we shock them when we tell them we are farmers.

But I am used to being the bad guy. Farming, logging, mining....none are respected in society today. And on a personal level, oh my; I am male and married to my female wife, love my four daughters, do not have credit cards, pay everything in cash, do as much for myself as I can, own guns, and even go to church...and so naturally I am considered the worst American in this country! (Insert hip deep sarcasm here)

I do not let the Greenies bother me anymore. The last time the Maine Department of Environmental Protection showed up, I just asked them how much the fine was going to be so I could get back to work.

I just recently joined Facebook....Just for local sales, I'm really not into the social part of it....But after wandering around on there? I can't believe the stuff that people believe is real, or the arguments. Make a simple joke in an ad, or make a comment as simple as..."that's awesome! God works in amazing ways!!" as a complete innocent comment and it gets blown into full blown arguments....Then all turns into "that was a racist comment"..........I had to just stay out of it. Put my ads up..and don't look back. haha People will watch that video above and all of a sudden it will be complete truth. The stuff drives me nuts, but is bigger than I am.

On the other thing that your talking about....When I was doing well, I wanted people to believe less. I use to take pride in down dressing and making it look like I was broke. Now? I am broke so the part is easier to play!!:laughing7: I learned my lesson years ago...A guy walked into a shop I worked at, had tore up clothes, a frayed straw hat, looked like a complete bum. After he left I was cracking jokes and the owner looked at me and said" That BUM your making fun of is worth about 10 million....He worked for it!!" I'd rather be that one tooth farmer chewing on straw than a guy living in a gated community, wife and kids hate him, dog even hates him, Has everything in the world, but a mountain of debt and anguish. Not saying everyone living in a gated community is that. haha Just using those words for an extreme example...You get the point...:laughing7:

Last edited:

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not think anyone took my comment this way, but just to clarify, Katie and I do not get dressed up for the sake of looking like we are something we are not. It is not that way at all. For us, going out on a date is something really special, so getting dressed up is important to us, because you do feel as how you are dressed.

I remember the first time Katie wore her Little Red Dress out in public, it came after a very long day of working on the farm. It is nice just to make a complete transition from dirty ole farm work, to relaxing for a nice dinner together, and solidifying our marriage.

Sadly, we get a lot of disgustful looks, with Katie getting a lot of snide comments, but mostly from other women believe it or not. It really is too bad because we do not do so to make anyone else look 'bad". I do not care about how other people look; that is there prerogative.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread