Why are California gold claims so expensive? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Why are California gold claims so expensive?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2146 times
    ask them if they supply and pay for the dynamite too ? tell them you want to get down good and deep. well is that too much to ask ?

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4489 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    So you want more regulation and government oversight!??
    NO Kevin , NOT AT ALL !! There is to much regulation now that they don't enforce and / or use effectively! And the greeniewacoenviromentalists want more !!

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10672 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    NO Kevin , NOT AT ALL !! There is to much regulation now that they don't enforce and / or use effectively! And the greeniewacoenviromentalists want more !!
    Somehow I didnít think so

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12067 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Because people are dumb enough to pay for them

us
    Mar 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    17 times
    Prospecting
    I'm not sure why California fee's are so expensive, but I agree with the person who posted "What isn't expensive in California". I've heard that Nevada and Arizona are much more mining friendly than California.
    et1955 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30281 times
    Imfishboy, please keep political comments out of all forums except our politics forum. Thank you.
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

May 2013
    437 times
    "Talk about expensive, a lot of claims around me are claimed by the same ppl and were talking 3 claims that total 1,920 acres do the math"

An association of two locators may locate 40 acres, and three may locate 60 acres, etc. The maximum area of an association placer claim permitted by law is 160 ...
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Jul 2004
    Angels Camp,Ca.
    754 times
    Unless the owner died or is disabled and a relative or friend dosen;t want to work it or can't....why would anyone sell a good gold claim when there so difficult to find?
    mytimetoshine likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10672 times
    Prospecting

Why are California gold claims so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by dave wiseman View Post
    Unless the owner died or is disabled and a relative or friend dosen;t want to work it or can't....why would anyone sell a good gold claim when there so difficult to find?
    For. The. Money.

Also for some of us, they arenít that hard to find.

Iím expecting to sell a claim in the next year simply because itís a long drive compared to another decent spot I can claim. So, yeah, logistics.
    et1955 and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Jul 2004
    Angels Camp,Ca.
    754 times
    Can't see that happening in the California motherlode.Guess people have different views on what is a good claim.
    Goldwasher and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    165 times
    https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/b...910747846.html

This one just popped up. $49000 for a claim?? Even at 100 acres that's nuts, are these claims that rich?

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    816 times
    Prospecting
    I have a claim outside Alleghany that I purchased with a friend, it was a little pricey but its a little juicey, it wasn't from a claim flipper or craigslist though.
    dredgernaut and Goldwasher like this.

us
    May 2019
    Sacramento
    GPX4000
    5 times
    I have also noticed a lot of people filing claims in California and then trying to flip them for a quick buck on ebay and other sites. I also noticed that the claims that they "file" are only filed at the county. Not with BLM. They do not have a CMAC #.
    Now I have filed many claims in N. CA over the years and have never filed with the County. I was even involved in a couple of legal disputes involving attorneys. Cease and desist letters and such. I would just send the attorney a copy of my location notice, a map with the borders of the claim accurately drawn out and an engineers ruler and invite them to learn how to use it. In both cases the threats stopped.
    My point is that if you do not file your mining claim with BLM then you have no claim. It is federal land. By not filing with the county does not invalidate your federal miming claim. Now don't get me wrong it's a good idea to file with the county for it just strengthens your position. I guess it's possible that the county could prohibit you from working the claim unless you file with them but I would be really surprised If they could invalidate your claim. Now I have not filed a claim in over 15 years in CA but I would be willing to bet that a county can not impose a use tax or property tax on federal lands. This is why the federal government pays the county what they call payment in lieu of taxes funds. It is designed to reimburse the county for providing services on federal lands such as police medical and fire ect.
    I would really love some feedback on this issue.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12067 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I'll take things that never happened for $1000

Alex

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12067 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Looks like there are several that he/they/it are lumping together.

Perfect way to get some landmatters and lr2000 practice.

Use the description. Zoom in. turn on Land manager and PLSS. start clicking on info.You will see numerous claims in the sections named and nearby. Also a lot of private land that was claimed then patented.

It is ancient river gravels being mine mostly.

It is a "good" area.

There are several claims that have been held since the 1980's You will see that ones in the are named are newer. Section 16 has eighteen claims. two being Lode.

They are held by Amador Capitol.

You can run reports on names and location on lr2000

you can see what claims have come and gone as in how many have been filed and closed and if a spot has been claimed multiple times.

you can run a customer report on peoples names and by the name of the claim.

Once you have one of those bits of info you can expand on it.

You can do this to see if it is an individual selling a claim because they are just selling a claim.

You can also find out if that person locates and sells often...and as quick as possible... a flipper most of the time.

You will even see the same bit of ground sold more claimed and transfered by the same person more than once.

I bet A dollar that the claims for sale are the newest ones held by Amador Capitol.

They have filed at least thirty claims since 2015 and almost double that in Nevada.

Many claims located on the same day

Most of their claims in Nv are closed due to abandonment.

Notice on the craigslist add they claim that there are tens of millions in the grounds still!!!

$49k is a bargain RIGHT?
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Jun 18, 2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Clay Diggins and delnorter like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links