Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So a friend stopped by today after shad fishing on one of the rivers along the Oregon coast.....and not a river with any gold claims; or history of gold. By chance he saw a lot of exposed bedrock and recently he "got the fever" and spent a weekend some time back filing a placer claim in another area known for placer gold deposits...( I turned him on to a spot using the Land Matters Maps etc). ANYWAY while fishing he saw a lot of exposed bedrock; with abrasion holes in it...so he cleaned out a number of them and classified the material down; and placing it in some 5 gal buckets he brought it home and panned some out this morn. Long story short.....he got some nice pickers and fines. I told him to go back and fill the holes with water and take his shrimp gun and suck up the remaining material and bring that back.....so I imagine there will be some additional fishing and removal of crevice material/blow holes 2maro. It never hurts to check places where mother nature has made it easy....exposed bedrock. Even though there is no history of gold in the immediate area.

Bejay

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread