Tizzy Martin to team with homeless drug addicts on Indian land!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Our old "friend" Tizzy Martin is back!The Nisenan Indians get 32 acres along Deer Creek in Nevada City and Hospitality House will send their homeless drug addicts to squat there and clean everything up! Hooboy! I doubt anyone has seen a Nisenan native American for many years, but Homeless drug addicts are a plenty in the area and infest the towns of Grass valley/Nevada City by the thousands!

Clean it up? History has shown that they trash up an area then move on and harrass the fine people of the Village constantly.

I am all for the native Americans, and the homeless! They need a place to mine the beer bottles and wine bottles and precious hypodermic needles. Maybe someone can donate a metal detector for them to use.

On November 14, 2018, after a five-year process, 32 acres of land on Deer Creek were allocated to the Native American nonprofit by the Nevada City council with the help of The Sierra Fund. On May 30, The Sierra Fund and Hospitality House are inviting the community to help clean up the area.

The acreage will be connected to the tribute trail, and is off of Champion Mine Road. The Sierra Fund has spent almost five years assessing the property, cleaning up any contaminants leftover from recycling efforts in World War II, said Martin, and working with cultural anthropologists to survey the area.

We all wish Tizzy the best!Lets all chip in and help!

https://www.theunion.com/news/32-ac...enous-tribe-lost-federal-recognition-in-1964/

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
First nation is the term the united tribes in Canada call them selves as a collective, sad the US tribes will not work together but the way they are and were treated no wonder, divide and conquer.

Nevada City ain't in Canada.

First nations thriving there in Canada since I was there last? The member I know is as frustrated as any about having a foot in two worlds , mostly on the Euro dependency side.
Does not refer to self as first nation though , maybe that's the problem.

Anyways , a gal (I did not ask how she identifies herself , or would have me address her ;she's a gal to me. Didn't tell her how to identify me either.) told me about a small parcel that is now being used as a campground open to the public despite sovereignty of ownership.
Not a bad idea for smaller parcels with no immediate plans/use.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you look at some of the older maps, one of the small creeks around Happy Camp Ca. was called Nig ger Creek so not so long ago they politely changed it to Negro Creek......sometimes ya just gotta laugh and try to keep up with the times.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ain't that the truth. Reminds me of the softies wanting to rename Dead Indian Rd. in Southern Oregon thinking it's an insult to Native Americans. Excuse me, but when this Scottish American is dead I'll be dead and won't get to have a road named after me! (Hope I get to heaven though.)

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Klamaths, Modocs and Yahooskin band of the Snakes (Piaute) prefer the term "Indin."
Are you sure, tribes use a name to communicate with non natives as you said " Indin " but the tribes have there own name only used by tribe members, if you don't know there native language, you will never know there true name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions