New scammer/flipper

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware of Mountain Man Mining Corp.

Came across a claim for sale in an area there aren't claims.

Looked into it. The guy is trying to sell a claim. It appears he is waiting to get someone on the hook.

But, don't worry after you pay him. he will "take care of the paperwork"

Then send you recordings and the blm copies.

So, he is selling land that isn't claimed. Will go file and pretend he is transferring it.

Keep him on the radar from the looks of his website he is just getting started.

The one I saw for sale had the typical Historical Jargon...past production. A listing of the MAS #

He does not give a Nv. claim number HUGE red flag so I looked deeper using given coordinates.

Open ground. Not filed at BLM. no claims in the area at all.

He has it listed on ebay as well.

The one he lists on his website thats different also has no info. a search by claim name via BLM generates no such claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a firearms instructor years ago. His definition is the one I go with.

Integrity, is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

I agree with this and in this case, everyone was looking and this guy didn't do anything wrong.
While no one knows the precise details of this transaction, it clearly appears that the buyer ended up with exactly what he believed he was buying, yet the seller still got a public lambasting from YOU. You have attacked his character, his ethic and him personally, based solely on "what if's" and your personal opinion of what he is doing. Nothing you have said is based on what he actually delivers (or doesn't deliver) and you have presented zero evidence of intentions or attempts of deception.

That is a revelation of character...yours

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with this and in this case, everyone was looking and this guy didn't do anything wrong.
While no one knows the precise details of this transaction, it clearly appears that the buyer ended up with exactly what he believed he was buying, yet the seller still got a public lambasting from YOU. You have attacked his character, his ethic and him personally, based solely on "what if's" and your personal opinion of what he is doing. Nothing you have said is based on what he actually delivers (or doesn't deliver) and you have presented zero evidence of intentions or attempts of deception.

That is a revelation of character...yours

Horsecrap. No one was looking I was. So, I brought it up on a prospecting forum.

Claimflippers and unscrupulous " location services" do exist.

I did not question what he is doing based on what if.

I questioned what he actually did..Based on filed documentation and online sale adds. I found.

Could be a mistake on his part but, based on the timeline I highly doubt it.

Those here that actually understand mining law and the claims process have commented and it sure seems like they agree with me.

I have not given the persons name or the claim info for a reason.

You make it very obvious that your problem is a personal one with me.

So, you attack me again.. How about you post following the rules of the website.

The fact is your whole narrative is based on what ifs.

If this guy is doing what it looks like he is doing it is wrong. It is a subject releative to this forum and I have every right and reason to bring it up here.

Get over whatever issue you have with me. Stop attacking me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another BS outfit to avoid

The Department of Land Transfer.... totally official sounding name.

Unfortunately they have numerous closed claims due to locating within withdrawls, Wind/sun segregation... uh locating within the boundaries of NAS Fallon...that gets a NULL and VOID from BLM when they catch up.

The locator may get a refund of the Maintenance fees. But, if you are unaware. and pay like 5k to buy the claim. Your not gonna get that back. Without a lawsuit.

They have claims closed due to uncured defects... so, they are obviosly on top of their locating skills :laughing7:

If you don't know how to use LR2000 to research customer info you will find this stuff out the hard and expensive way.

Checking The Diggins and Landmatters is not gonna cut it. They are useful tools but do not tell the whole story.

How dare anyone point out that people screw up locating mining claims or just plain locate to try and sell them right away...

Shame on me for trying to educate and save people money and stress...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bonaro, Mountain Man Mining is not a supporting vender nor a member here, Goldwasher is a member and your attacking his character which violates our rules. If you have issue with Goldwasher please keep it to yourself and off our forums.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't touch an eBay claim with a ten foot pole.... In fact I highly doubt that I would EVER purchase a claim from anyone anywhere..Not saying you can't locate ground on your own, but nobody is going to sell good ground, its just too hard to come by these days. Either there is no gold, very little or you can't get to it, no water, no access etc etc.. If you find a claim that manages to not have any of these problems then the price of the claim is always MORE then the gold you could get from it. Even in 1850 when you could just walk to any creek anywhere and had great gold it was the same way. Once someone found gold, they would work it till it WASNT WORTH IT to them to continue because they could find easier..I would be willing to bet that out of every claim that has been "purchased" throughout history less then 1% of them every found as much or more gold then the previuos guy and maybe 10% even recouped what they spent. Its just doesn't make any sense its something you stake not something you buy, not unless you don't care about money because your about to lose a bunch.

Bonaro I don't know why your attacking Goldwasher. His comments seem pretty sensible to me.

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sold a claim on Craigs list. Most notably I would suggest that often "claimants" sell claims because they reach an age where they simply can't work them anymore. In my case/instance when I sold a claim, it was an adjacent claim to one I had. The claim was owned by a very good friend of mine who died....the surviving spouse had no interest in keeping it and let it lapse so I picked it up ( I had originally held the claim and given it to my friend many years earlier). Anyway I sold the claim.

I still hold quite a number of active placer claims. BUT!...….adverse health issues and old age make it obvious my mining days are over. I'll have to decide who in the family wants them and make sure they know how to keep them and do all the paperwork annually. But I may sell a couple of them as well.....I am not sure how it is all going to roll. The claims are in Oregon and we know how Oregon has intruded on the rights of miners to mine. Fortunately I hold some claims that can escape the restrictions Oregon has placed on "motorized mining"....but as we know....mining ain't easy work and the final issue of a purchaser is …..what do you expect to derive from a claim? Do you want a weekly weekend get away and some gold or do you want to go at it big time and make a living at it.....and go through the POO and EMSHA issues.

There are some good claims for sale...and there are the scammers. Goldwasher is offering to help make the choice easier.

One thing I used to do when I was researching and filing claims about 50 years ago (back when there were no computers and instant info) was to go through the County mining records and find claims that had been held for 5 years or longer (the longer the better but were no longer held) and I figured the guy died. If he held the claim for a long time I figured it was worthy of going out and filed testing it. If it produced some easy test pans I would file on it. That was a long time ago...and I did a lot of weekend testing here and there.

Goldwahser knows the ropes....he is old school as well. It is interesting with the "new school" generation. Sometimes they are clueless to "old school".

Just some further info from an old guy who knows a thing or two as well.

Bejay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a claim on Craigs list. Most notably I would suggest that often "claimants" sell claims because they reach an age where they simply can't work them anymore. In my case/instance when I sold a claim, it was an adjacent claim to one I had. The claim was owned by a very good friend of mine who died....the surviving spouse had no interest in keeping it and let it lapse so I picked it up ( I had originally held the claim and given it to my friend many years earlier). Anyway I sold the claim.

I still hold quite a number of active placer claims. BUT!...….adverse health issues and old age make it obvious my mining days are over. I'll have to decide who in the family wants them and make sure they know how to keep them and do all the paperwork annually. But I may sell a couple of them as well.....I am not sure how it is all going to roll. The claims are in Oregon and we know how Oregon has intruded on the rights of miners to mine. Fortunately I hold some claims that can escape the restrictions Oregon has placed on "motorized mining"....but as we know....mining ain't easy work and the final issue of a purchaser is …..what do you expect to derive from a claim? Do you want a weekly weekend get away and some gold or do you want to go at it big time and make a living at it.....and go through the POO and EMSHA issues.

There are some good claims for sale...and there are the scammers. Goldwasher is offering to help make the choice easier.

One thing I used to do when I was researching and filing claims about 50 years ago (back when there were no computers and instant info) was to go through the County mining records and find claims that had been held for 5 years or longer (the longer the better but were no longer held) and I figured the guy died. If he held the claim for a long time I figured it was worthy of going out and filed testing it. If it produced some easy test pans I would file on it. That was a long time ago...and I did a lot of weekend testing here and there.

Goldwahser knows the ropes....he is old school as well. It is interesting with the "new school" generation. Sometimes they are clueless to "old school".

Bejay
I'm only fourty two . But I've been rockhounding since I was a kid and prospecting for gold since I Was about 13/14

Was dredging full time when the Ca. ban happened.

When we started looking to buy a house a main criteria was access closeness to good gold.

I have the knowledge and ability to locate. I know where there are thousands of acres of open ground. I could easily flip claims.

I'm just not gonna do it. I'd rather help people do it for themselves.

There is a reason I have permission to dig on as much ground as I do that I do not have title to.

And it sure isn't because of my bad character.

As I'm researching I come across things that stand out. some end up being bad data entry or lack of current info.

But, most are just bad locators.

I do believe there are "good" claims for sale. But most are over priced considering the relevant available exploration info.

Of the claims I do see on Ebay.. Raildog and his brother have some of the few I've seen that I would consider.

I would caution anyone from buying a claim that hasn't been held for several years.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't speak for you Goldwasher but I have gotten more invites to go work on other peoples claims than carter has pills.....knowledge and good character matter. I have never done it though....it is all I can do to work the claims I have held. Yep....I could file hundreds of claims on good open ground. And good ground I have found over the years. I guess there is never an end to people wanting to buy claims and be miners via the inet. I personally know a claim holder who has never worked his claim, but he spends endless hours on the forums talking like he is an expert miner. He goes to "mining district" meetings and spends 4 months every year camped on his claim. There are all kinds of people out and about.

No doubt others will be buying claims off Ebay and the like. As I always say: "IT IS WHAT IT IS".

Yep....you got to spend endless time on this one thread. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Take care:

Bejay

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Bejay

Great points Bejay.

Can't even begin to count the days spent at the Pershing County recorders office. We still go on a regular basis.

Obtaining claims the right way is far easier now with sites like MyLandMatters.org, GPS and a computerized BLM database.

One thing about the more well-known sections of Rye Patch is that there is indeed a lot of gold out there. But you've got to get below metal detector depth to find it.

Anyone willing to file the NOI and scrape will find the elusive metal lol. Whether one finds enough to pay the costs is another story. We (like most of us) enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Don't see ourselves quitting the day job anytime soon but we never know right?

Chuck

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great points Bejay.

Can't even begin to count the days spent at the Pershing County recorders office. We still go on a regular basis.

Obtaining claims the right way is far easier now with sites like MyLandMatters.org, GPS and a computerized BLM database.

One thing about the more well-known sections of Rye Patch is that there is indeed a lot of gold out there. But you've got to get below metal detector depth to find it.

Anyone willing to file the NOI and scrape will find the elusive metal lol. Whether one finds enough to pay the costs is another story. We (like most of us) enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Don't see ourselves quitting the day job anytime soon but we never know right?

Chuck

It must be karma or something else. Yesterday after posting here my 22 year old Granddaughter and a fellow worker of hers came to the house and said "Hey Gramps" look what we found in the warehouse : It was a big cardboard tube that had two very large maps (section/ownership maps) that I used 45 years ago to determine land ownerships (looking to see what lands were public lands and those that were not). On the maps was also plotted County page/book numbers of claims that I had determined to be worthy of field testing. These were the very claims that were closed (then open), but had been held by someone for a long time (they probably died). I explained all this to my Granddaughter (who found it quite intriguing).

I told her: I'll be damned: I was just posting this info on a mining forum. I would safely say there were probably 30 open claims plotted on the very large map (4x5 foot map); and another map smaller map had info on it as well. Talk about "Ill be damned". The tube of maps had been set aside 45 years ago. It's like; how in the world would I be posting this kind of info on the forum and she happens to run across the tube of maps and has enough interest to bring them and visit.

Sorry for the thread stray...but it is so coincidental I had to mention it.

Bejay

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic Bejay, isn’t life great. Thank you for sharing your knowledge experiences and wisdom. This goes for all the others who do so as well for the help you post on this forum.

Mike

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m selling a claim right now. Probably for a lot less than it’s worth. The buyer is a solid guy (raises money for the Denver Public Schools, volunteers with the Scouts). Why sell? Well, the drive is too long for me when there’s claimable ground within 1/3 the distance from my home.

My point: good claims do get sold.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be karma or something else. Yesterday after posting here my 22 year old Granddaughter and a fellow worker of hers came to the house and said "Hey Gramps" look what we found in the warehouse : It was a big cardboard tube that had two very large maps (section/ownership maps) that I used 45 years ago to determine land ownerships (looking to see what lands were public lands and those that were not). On the maps was also plotted County page/book numbers of claims that I had determined to be worthy of field testing. These were the very claims that were closed (then open), but had been held by someone for a long time (they probably died). I explained all this to my Granddaughter (who found it quite intriguing).

I told her: I'll be damned: I was just posting this info on a mining forum. I would safely say there were probably 30 open claims plotted on the very large map (4x5 foot map); and another map smaller map had info on it as well. Talk about "Ill be damned". The tube of maps had been set aside 45 years ago. It's like; how in the world would I be posting this kind of info on the forum and she happens to run across the tube of maps and has enough interest to bring them and visit.

Sorry for the thread stray...but it is so coincidental I had to mention it.

Bejay

Awesome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread