Gold Well Vortex Sluice

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know if Bernie is still making the Gold Well Vortex Sluice? I would like to get my hands on one. I believe Bernie is still in the Wickenburg area in Arizona but the last time I talked with Bernie his internet service was next to none or very limited.

goldwell14.jpg goldwell13.jpg goldwell4.jpg goldwell2.jpg

Upvote 0

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold one about December of last year, it worked well, but was just too heavy for an old guy like me. I had the 6x36" model, it weighed at least 35 -40 lbs, the aluminum is about 1/4 inch, I do not think you could wear it out in 3 lifetimes.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
difficult to imagine why a vendor would require facebook

looks like a perfect candidate for injection molding, too bad we lost China as a source of parts - who would make such in the US?
(make of different widths to a std length, snap together for longer; not vacuum-formed)
I want a 12"x2m

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have had one for years, paid for itself in two weeks in a site near Morrow Mountain State Park, NC. Found a site where an old 1860's wooden sluice had terminated in a stream. Loads of flower and small pickers had settled. The site had been a drag-line surface/placer deposit. To verify the sluice, I had another sluice set up after the Gold Well. Nothing to speak of got by Bernie's great engineering... in short it works without "miners moss" like the other sluices using the 1800's technology. You get what you pay for.

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the reasons Bernie made it out of aluminium was a not so well known property of aluminium is that gold has a somewhat weak affinity for aluminium. Injection molding would be way cheaper to produce, But the abrasive nature of the material being processed, would take off the vortex edges in short order. It would be another cheap "Made in China" piece of crap.

News update concerning Gold Well Sluice.
The Gold Well is be made again in all sizes.
Bernie Makowski has found manufacturing and sales. I’m told the Gold Well Sluice is a fine piece of equipment in fine gold recovery. The Gold Well Sluice Facebook page seems to have quite a following especially in the AZ area. I’m hoping to get feed back on this gold mining Gold Well Vortex Drop Riffle Sluice.

Joe Hunter - Sales and Manufacturing
Lynn, Massachusetts

(781) 367-5377

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread