OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I think I found sonething for the material, and a tub to run it on top of.

Looks like I'll be making it 20"×13", with 2"sides.

As I got to thinking about it, what do y'all use for the legs?

They didnt make it into the pics.

What angle am i shooting for, and how much adjustable range from that?

I'm thinking about just putting dimples in the bottom to set it atop 3 screws, and let the screws be adjustable.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dam is the best option. I built an under-flow gate, but the flow is NOT even. It will have high pressure zones from the water flow behind it. Its very hard to create an inflow system that is completely even unless you are creating a separate reservoir to fill and flow to the reservoir behind your gate. The dam is the simplest way to go. Just make sure the dam top is rounded, smooth and sealed.

real slate sucks to use. Its expensive, brittle, difficult to work and porous. so if a drop of oil ever hits it, its done. that oil will always be there, and I'm sure you know that oils and gold processing dont mix (unless its a flotation tank system)

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple of solutions to help with evening out water flow:
1. Design your water supply as a "tee", with the hose attachment coming from the center rear. I hesitate to call it a "spray bar", as it should really sort of be a slow, steady flow, with no real force coming out. Like water coming out of a water fountain.

2. Do not position the holes pointing down; rather point them so the water comes out the top of the tube, and drain down around the outside of the pipe...or point them toward the back of the table.

3 Have a porous pad below the water streams coming in, (upstream from your dam) that will easily saturate, and the water will flow through it easily, and will "ooze" out and spread across the table evenly. Cloth or sponge DON'T work as well -they will just saturate, and the water will flow over them. 3M Scotchbrite pad, or a piece of cut-to-fit air conditioner filter (looks like tangled hair) matting, about 2"-3" wide across the width of the table works well. The pad can be charged with JetDri or whatever surficant you choose to cut down on bubbles and floaties.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 foot by 4 foot.....seems kinda big. Is it more than you really need?

Are you happy with that paint? It was one of the possibly surfaces i would use, I think i like the green color, rather than black.

Two years later.......and a lot of use (w/ thousands of gallons flowing over it)..... the paint has held up great w/o any problems :) 003.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions