Mine Hand Needed

G

ghostminer

We are looking for a part time or possibly a full time mine hand. Duties would include assisting in road building, water pump setup, running water line, wash plant set up & operation, & general labor around the mine. Knowledge of heavy equipment operation is not necessary but we would teach you to run a small rock truck & skid steer. Any interested parties may PM me. IMG_20190606_150001.jpg IMG_20190606_150032.jpg IMG_20190606_181358.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_181358.jpg
    IMG_20190606_181358.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5741.jpg
    IMG_5741.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 151
  • img230.jpg
    img230.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Yes. The work can be hard but being your own boss is priceless. Seeing the gold you produce from the gravels is what get's you hooked. Once in there is no turning back.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got permits and equipment lined out?
That's good looking equipment in the photos, I'd be interested to hear back how many loads of gravel you end up actually being able to process each day.

I hope you have better material to run than what is shown in that second photo! ;)

It's good to see you have realistic expectations about finding a skilled worker. It's not everyday that you can find someone that knows everything about everything.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Those pics were on a claim we tested that wasn't ours. The only thing to run were gravels under the old hand stacked rock tailings from the old timers. We ran a 20 yard test & got 3.5 grams. About $7/yd which is not good. We are going to our own claims in July to run much better gravels. We are expecting $20 - $40 per yd. Keeping fingers crossed. The washplant will process 15 - 20 yds/hr. We have two excavator operators - one full time & one part time. There is also a skid steer & a 9 ton rock truck. So at present we have 3 guys on site at all times & 4 on weekends. One of the full timers is a retired mechanic who I call the most valuable person on the mine. We are all in our 60's except for the part time operator. Trying to make the dream come true.
The hopper feeder is a custom made unit from Gold Claimer in Minnesota. The wash plant combines a vibrating hopper deck that feeds the trommel. Course tailings at the back end of trommel are removed with a conveyor. Everything is electric & run off a diesel generator. The excavator is a Kubota 80 which is like a small mid size. Skid steer is a Kubota 70 series. There are 2 water pumps, a 3 inch gas 19,000 gph & a diesel 4 inch 29,000 gph which feeds the trommel. The smaller gas pump is used for water transfer to our holding pond. Everything is new except for the rock truck.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, new equipment is difficult to pay off in gold.
Hopefully things work out for you guys and you maintain an average of at least $18/yard.

Curious how wide of a box you are able to run with that 4" pump?

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Sluice is 2 ft X 12 ft. Running 100 yds/day at $20/yd is $2000/day minus diesel fuel. As of now there is no labor cost as we are all partners in the company. We have the equipment on a lease deal. Price of AU helping. Up to $1420 now. Hope it holds. We have two gold buyers that cut checks at 80% of spot.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you currently running 100 yards a day through that set up consistently (including excavation, trucking, disposal)?
Or is that part of your planned work?

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d like to know what karat your gold is coming in at. I think you may be able to do a bit better than 80%.

jdlev

Nov 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where you located Ghost (sorry if I missed it in a previous post)?

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Part of planned work. We aren't starting on our 3 permits until July when we move in equipment from the other claim we tested.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Our projects are in California. Adventures in Prospecting will be doing a show on us. Their shows air on Sunday morning on KHSL TV. Ours won't be produced until we get set up & are in production. We've got some work to do first. Cut in a trail to get the water pump up a mountain to a pond for water transfer then lay water line. After that set up equipment. We are shooting for 2nd wk of July for start up.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of planned work. We aren't starting on our 3 permits until July when we move in equipment from the other claim we tested.

Realizing that your mining operations are to be covered by tv media (which will probably not be accessible to myself)...I'd be curious to actual yardage run through your equipment once you get the wrinkles ironed out. The characteristics of your material will likely primarily dictate the daily volumes. Will there be a website with updates?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish i could come work. I have maintenance and heavy equip knowledge, and I like shiny stuff, and I get told I work too hard.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I began chasing this dream way back in 2012. There have been some highs & many lows. At times I could have given up but I refuse to do that. So after 7 years it is time to get it done. As far as I know this is still a country where someone can chase a dream. You never know until you try. I will never quit. All I can do is give it everything I have. My wife is behind me 100%. That's enough for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread