BIGFOOT TERRIFIES MINERS - A STORY FROM 1924

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was an odd occurrence once that involved 3 large rocks being thrown into the river in front of where I was panning.
Seemingly physically impossible for where I was at.

Told my dad about it and he said he had the same exact thing happen the year before on the same general stretch of river.

Something that I will always remember. It's like they just fell out of the sky.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say Bigfoot, but something unexplainable based on my life experience so far.
Very odd. They were big enough that I could hear them hit the bottom of the river. Say cantaloupe sized.

I pulled my handgun when the third one hit. Made the hair on my neck stand up because the river was 100 yards wide there and the canyon hillsides were quite a ways off and I could see most of the ground.

My first thought was a bear rolling rocks way up the mountain. No way a cobble like that could bounce that far out into the river.

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone else have trouble when trying to open videos on the app? It always just closes the app for me.

I know an interesting guy that’s done a lot of crystal mining here in WA. He told me that last summer he was up near Tonasket helping a friend do some blasting I think when their camp got attacked by several Sasquatch who even flipped one of their trailers. They apparently somehow blew one or two up with dyanamite? and then the military came and wiped all the pictures off their phones.... oh and apparently they smell really bad....

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://history.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/0040.pdf

The area where this happened is known as "Ape Canyon"

The mineres it happened to were very serious about their claims. they had nothing to gain sharing the story.

Other than keeping people away from the area I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape_Canyon

This stuff has interested me since I was about ten years old.

Anyone who likes reading about spooky things in the woods..needs to check out https://www.canammissing.com/missing_411.html

These are true stories. Many of them are pretty unsettling.

I knew the guy who owns the "Whitney Portal Store" Its at the trailhead to Mt. Whitney.

He was a retired surveyor for LADWP. he has literally walked from Utah to Ca. cross country and isn't into tall tells.

He told me how one time he and his son were followed down one of the side canyons of the area near Whitney portal and it was not a bear or a cat.

They could see that it was tall and upright..trying to use the trees as cover...Making vocalizations and all. He said he had no desire to stand his ground.. it wanted them gone so he obliged.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who likes reading about spooky things in the woods..needs to check out https://www.canammissing.com/missing_411.html

I almost linked a missing 411 video here the other day, pretty interesting stuff indeed.. I now carry my satellite transponder on and tracking on all my excursions now at the least, some of the missing people reports and story are nuts!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost linked a missing 411 video here the other day, pretty interesting stuff indeed.. I now carry my satellite transponder on and tracking on all my excursions now at the least, some of the missing people reports and story are nuts!

Dude.. there's one where a kid climbed a tree..and was never seen again WTF?

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the circumstances and details of a lot of these missing people reports it's just crazy, finding bodies with clothes on inside out, missing just feet, or stuff that makes absolutely no sense at all.. so strange

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread