Buying a place west......Maybe - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Buying a place west......Maybe

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2017
    814 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Coming from the north and at one time the west, I can tell you itís cheap living in the south. Rural land in the south in certain places really cheap.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11878 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    I knew clay would follow up.

I'm going to have to look up the case here locally where the USFS was in a lawsuit with a man that parked his RV on his claim. I seem to remember it went to appeals court and gov. won. Of coarse each case is different
    they probably showed that he wasn't actually actively mining or prospecting.

Mar 2016
    2983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    they probably showed that he wasn't actually actively mining or prospecting.
    I don't recall the guy's name. It was near Cecilville, in the Klamath National Forest. Maybe in the 1990's?
    I want to say it made it to the 9th circuit of appeals and was considered a landmark case. Been awhile since I have looked at it.
    Goldwasher likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5284 times
    Prospecting
    15,000 will buy you a lot of nights of camping at a pay site, and you can still enjoy the wilderness nearby . . .

All the best,

Lanny
    Clay Diggins and Goldwasher like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Jun 2010
    362 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    There is lots of public land out west. Basically unlimited camping opportunities in the mountains as long as your willing to move camp to a new location from time to time. There are some areas, a person could probably camp all summer without being bothered.
    I assume you want to find gold. N. California foothills from LaPorte and north in the Feather River watershed would be perfect! Lots of Forest Circus land to sqauat on free, just move every two weeks. Cool forest and rambling streams.....and GOLD! Oh, there are no COMMIES here! Haha

Mar 2016
    2983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bedrock bubba View Post
    I assume you want to find gold. N. California foothills from LaPorte and north in the Feather River watershed would be perfect! Lots of Forest Circus land to sqauat on free, just move every two weeks. Cool forest and rambling streams.....and GOLD! Oh, there are no COMMIES here! Haha
    The West is a big place, much bigger than Southern California that's for sure!
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Aug 15, 2019 at 09:43 PM.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links