first run completed with nugget bucket catching from blue bowl

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_20190714_084554956_HDR.jpg

this was just the first 2 pieces i seen. got more to process. confidence is high.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a "Nugget Bucket"?

the best thing to compare it to is.

The governor they put on the go karts at the mini golf places....

Slows down what could otherwise be an enjoyable productive activity..

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
processed material with my nugget bucket, panned out this little beauty with gold claw pan. gold in NB bowl.jpg piece of gold in the nugget bucket bowl, same gold found with gold claw.jpg panned it out with my gold claw. big piece of gold.jpg final pic of piece found with nugget bucket and gold claw.......just for the record, if you think i am doing this wrong or backwards, that is your problem, i am quite happy with the results of my labors, i have maybe 3 months in doing this, some of you have years........good for you, dont like how i am doing this, guess that is your problem

to those who were friendly towards me, thanks for the time. ok my time here is over, see ya all around, hope most of you find the good stuff. the rest of you can go dig in dry holes.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zemetrius I don't think anyone was being mean or negative towards you. The best lesson you can ever learn about prospecting is success starts and ends with a gold pan. Its rather frustrating when you are a new prospector to get the hang of panning fines. Certainly modern gadgets can help reduce the material you need to pan but in the end nothing replaces the pan. Learn to love and trust your pan. I live in an area where only fine flood gold can be found with tons of black sand. It was not much fun.....Until I left my sluice at home and just took pan for months. I got pretty good at panning and what seemed impossible is now not so tough. Honing my panning skill was the best and most productive tool available to get more gold in less time with minimal frustration.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gee wiz I was just ribbing you a little... and giving you advice that would help you. With the problems you have brought up.

It wasn't about not liking or having a problem with what you were doing. Sorry.

The nugget bucket still sucks and that has nothing to do with you.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I just heard the door slam.
No need for drama around here.

May not be the best process, but whatever works for you.

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Use a LeTrap rectangular pan! They get gold down to fines fast. I hate Blue Bowls, too slow, and feed mechanisms are problematic.
I use a storm gutter Henry Henry with ribbed matting and that gets all visibles.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Use a LeTrap rectangular pan! They get gold down to fines fast. I hate Blue Bowls, too slow, and feed mechanisms are problematic.
I use a storm gutter Henry Henry with ribbed matting and that gets all visibles.
Technically it is a square pan, I never got to meet LeTrap but I did mine with oldtimers that were members of his mining club up here in Washington state, he was a legend up here. I only use a square pan because it faster and more efficiant that a round pan for the type of material we have run up here.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Favorite pan for making cons: Flow Pan
Favorite pan for cleaning cons: Garrett 14"
Favorite pan for finishing cons: Garrett 10"
Favorite final cleaning device: miller table

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys am I wrong in thinking you can just put a "bowl" under the blue bowl to basically do what is being done using the nugget bucket? A regular bowl of similar size to the one in the nugget bucket I think would work just the same. I used to use the blue bowl a lot... a secondary catch is a good thing to avoid a second run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread