Club Outing

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you invite a prospecting club, if you belong to one, to your private claims? This past weekend my wife and our partners invited our GPAA chapter to our richest claim for a two day outing and campout. We have done this 4 of the past 5 years having to skip last year due to other obligations. The club paid for hamburgers and buns with one member providing venison brauts. Other members brought salads, fruits, cakes and other goodies for lunch the first day. Some did not camp but were welcomed back the next day just the same. The next morning those of us who camped on the claim shared the fixings for a wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, elk steaks and hash browns all provided by those who camped out. Unfortunately our second day was curt short by thunderstorms. Everyone found some gold, some more than others of course but that's mining. I tried to make sure everyone was on a spot on the claim that gold was found before. We have a great group of people who make up our chapter and all have become good friends over the years. We all look forward to next years outing. We also have a member who also invites the club to his claim in September and also to his ranch for fossil and agate hunting. If you haven't done this, I highly encourage you to do so. It is a lot of fun and it forms wonderful friendships.

Upvote 0

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you pay it forward there are always good returns.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a good time. I used to be active in a club when I lived down south, the East Bay Prospectors I had a lot of fun hanging out with them. No clubs up here that I am aware of.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Not only will this create friends BUT it will locate the best locations for your club members to work in the future! Great idea and LOTS of fun for all !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread