Adds & pop ups

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont get popups its the ad's between messages that is hard to read as the page jumps around as they change every 4 sec.
the ad's at the top or side are fine but within the body are the one that are annoying and make for a bad viewing experience.
it throws off other elements like the blank bar over top bar of member discovery's is the photo slider the would normally be arrows to move the slides.

add's.jpg

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have add blocker now only for tnet.

every page click generates4 to 7 blocks. since I've installed it I have generated 2883

ironic for a website to put in so many adds that it's members have to download something to block them.

To make the time on that site tolerable

The only advertising I need for prospecting/ mining/ detecting is word of mouth.

I definitely don't need adds for washing machines and cars on a treasure hunting website.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
popup.jpg This is just too much, Is this actually getting resolved or will this thread just get erased also?

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont get popups its the ad's between messages that is hard to read as the page jumps around as they change every 4 sec.
the ad's at the top or side are fine but within the body are the one that are annoying and make for a bad viewing experience.
it throws off other elements like the blank bar over top bar of member discovery's is the photo slider the would normally be arrows to move the slides.

View attachment 1738309

This is exactly what I have been experiencing!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they wanted them gone the webmaster would simply edit the site and delete the html code put in place for the add. Its very simple to do so the talk of working on it over this much time with no resolve leads me to believe they are choosing to ignore our pleads and keep it this way.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they wanted them gone the webmaster would simply edit the site and delete the html code put in place for the add. Its very simple to do so the talk of working on it over this much time with no resolve leads me to believe they are choosing to ignore our pleads and keep it this way.

it is literally a nerd switch!! Just needs flipped by the right person.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a case of "the squeaky wheel" does not get the grease. Don't like the ads?-get the ad blocker app. Beachin about the ads isn't going to make them disappear. It's about the money.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If thread is going to be used to attack site it will be locked.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is attacking the site? I see many concerned members voicing their concerns?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread