Annual mining claims flow chart

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The new mining year is approaching fast. :occasion13:

Claim owners need to have their BLM mining claims case files updated by August 30 this year.

If you are paying the maintenance fee you will need to pony up $165 per lode, millsite or tunnel site claim and $165 per every 20 acres of placer claim you intend to hold.

If you are claiming the small miners waiver you need to submit form 3830-2 by August 30. There is no fee for submitting the form but you will be obligated to pay $15 per claim and submit a copy of your recorded affidavit of labor or notice of intent to hold by December 30th. Make sure your 3830-2 has an expiration date of January 31st, 2020 or your claims will be declared abandoned - this is the only OMB approved information collection form and the BLM is a stickler about the expiration dates.

Sound complicated? Download the free MinerDiggins Annual Mining Claims flowchart from Land Matters and it will be as easy as following the lines. :thumbsup:

2019mcf_b_s.jpg

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay thanks so much for posting this information every year.

It always gets downloaded and put with some of our most important mining files.

Great work!

AuNoob

Greenie
Apr 20, 2019
Toronto
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to confirm..am I filing a copy with each respective BLM office by claim or can I make one 3830-02 to the main. I just want to make sure I am reading the flow correctly.

Thanks
AuNoob

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anyone in Ca. got their BLM mailing yet?

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I didnt want to wait any longer and just printed the forms off their website. I wonder what happened?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I didn't want to wait any longer and just printed the forms off their website. I wonder what happened?[/QUOTE

I have forms. I grabbed several of each last year at BLM. My partner who moved to Florida..not so much. Was gonna let him get his forms fill out his part sign and mail to me. He's just gonna print and mail them now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread