Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So as far as I can tell that thread about the pros and cons of an elutriation set up was shut down by the moderators due to members asking questions about how the moderators do their moderating thing. It was a long thread that actually contained a lot of information of interest to me and I am sure other and future prospectors. I feel like we have been censored because the moderators couldn't come up with an answer to the questions presented to them. I have donated money to the Treasurenet cause in the past not sure I will do it again if questioning how moderators filter posts is grounds for deletion of posts and thread locking.

...That being said there was a posting of an article about a laboratory elutriation set up I believe from the Canadian forum that was made out of lab glass, the column looked custom while the rest was stock labware flasks and what not. I am a scientific glassblower and was thinking that it would make a fun project to put in my portfolio as I am trying to get employment in a research support type position. The link to the article cannot be accessed and I cannot find it on searches.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks winners58.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be something cool, the materiel that comes out of a GoldCube is about 10g
if you think about beach gold it is still hard to process such fine gold from the concentrate you bring home.
It could also be used on crushed Ore if the ore has multiple minerals of value or just want to test the heaviest minerals.
each section would have a different mineral sorted by specific gravity, open the valve into a test tube
get the Gold then lead, silver, copper, irons, garnets and granite/quartz or have fewer elements for each SG level.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glass blowing is a skill I don't have! Have made lots of melted globs out of tube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread