Laboratory elutriation set up
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By N-Lionberger
  • 2 Post By winners58
  • 1 Post By N-Lionberger
  • 1 Post By winners58

Thread: Laboratory elutriation set up

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    773 times
    Prospecting

Laboratory elutriation set up

So as far as I can tell that thread about the pros and cons of an elutriation set up was shut down by the moderators due to members asking questions about how the moderators do their moderating thing. It was a long thread that actually contained a lot of information of interest to me and I am sure other and future prospectors. I feel like we have been censored because the moderators couldn't come up with an answer to the questions presented to them. I have donated money to the Treasurenet cause in the past not sure I will do it again if questioning how moderators filter posts is grounds for deletion of posts and thread locking.

...That being said there was a posting of an article about a laboratory elutriation set up I believe from the Canadian forum that was made out of lab glass, the column looked custom while the rest was stock labware flasks and what not. I am a scientific glassblower and was thinking that it would make a fun project to put in my portfolio as I am trying to get employment in a research support type position. The link to the article cannot be accessed and I cannot find it on searches.
    Asmbandits and Goldwasher like this.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3772 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    saw some others, have to remember where I saw them, might search the references listed in this...
    here's the gpex ftp file
    http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?action=...0;attach=11532
    Last edited by winners58; Jul 30, 2019 at 11:42 PM.
    BillA and russau like this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    773 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks winners58.
    Last edited by N-Lionberger; Jul 31, 2019 at 04:30 AM.
    winners58 likes this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    967 times
    most interesting paper, but a (10 gm) batch process
    obviously needs upsizing and a conversion to continuous

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3772 times
    I think it would be something cool, the materiel that comes out of a GoldCube is about 10g
    if you think about beach gold it is still hard to process such fine gold from the concentrate you bring home.
    It could also be used on crushed Ore if the ore has multiple minerals of value or just want to test the heaviest minerals.
    each section would have a different mineral sorted by specific gravity, open the valve into a test tube
    get the Gold then lead, silver, copper, irons, garnets and granite/quartz or have fewer elements for each SG level.
    N-Lionberger likes this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1436 times
    Glass blowing is a skill I don't have! Have made lots of melted globs out of tube.

Sponsored Links