Prospecting within a couple hundred miles around San Diego

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriends parents are visiting from Russia down in San Diego at her sisters house and she is there till 16 August. I am going to leave to pick her up around 10 August and my plan is to hit some spots on the way down. But I was also thinking I may head straight there and meet everybody and then leave for a few days if there’s anywhere good around San Diego to prospect. I’m interested within a couple hundred miles from San Diego. One area I really wanted to go back to that I was at 20 years ago was around Trona and the canyons around there. That’s over 400 miles from San Diego so I may Hit that on the way down if the temperatures are below 110. So I have hard rock claims and that’s what I like So my first option would be to explore anything like that around with a metal detector. Or even metal detect areas with possible nuggets. But I’m also interested in just panning for some gold also. So if anybody can suggest anything or even if you’re out and about and I can meet up either way would be great.If there’s nothing worth suggesting then I may just take the time between August 10 and August 14 to hit some areas on the way down that I know of. But would Definitely like to try something different. So thanks for the help

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
check on the kern river.its a little cooler and there water.but be very careful the river is running high and fast.
also check up in the big bear area.
brad

OP
OP
D

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right I can try that thank you. Any other suggestions an hour to east of that area. I am in San Diego now I am laying

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The big Bear area has a lot and i do mean a lot of active claims. Do a little research on land matters map to make sure where you can prospect. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread