3 pan's

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My buddy and i went up to our claim today to do some test panning. Most of the river is going underground but still some areas have water good enough to pan in. I did 3 pans and so did my friend i came away with 20 specks my buddy got 13 but his was chunky lol. He brought his Garrett 300 and the first drop off in the dry river bed rang a 98 for gold 6" deep, so that's where we dug we were pretty excited. We walked 80 ft of dry river and every drop off and hole below it rang 98-99 for gold 2-8" deep he checked 20 different areas and got a hit on all of them. Time to stock pile lol.

Attachments

• 100_0411.JPG
    100_0411.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If we were watching Gold Rush, that would be enough to bring in a few million $ worth of equipment! And another season. Nice finds, I'm sure you worked for it.

OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spot on about Gold Rush lol. We were thinking of how to stock pile, my buddy suggested put all the mtr'l in the large holes we dug on the base of the small hill, i don't like that idea because what happens when the heavy rains come. I think sand bags might be a good idea fill them up let them sit then when it comes time to run the mtr'l scoop it out and into the sluice. That way its not hole to bucket, bucket to hole, and mtr'l to bucket and bucket to sluice wth lol.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pan gotta be coming from a decent source

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the upper area is unclaimed, follow the gold to the source and get the good stuff the old timers missed.
Or if there's only your claim available and with the pan results, go big or starve, but be aware that reclamation bond is expensive and required, not to mention permitting fees and timelines for approvals.

Dreams rule but, most usually reality sucks! "Mike"

OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Mike, i talked with the top mineralogists from USFS and BLM to secure this claim, its all good. A lot of the source is on our claim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a question for you Mike, if you were finding chunky Gold and what you see in this photo would you move ???.

Attachments

• 100_0366.JPG
    100_0366.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • 100_0398.JPG
    100_0398.JPG
    763.7 KB · Views: 63

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread