Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At $1500, that's just over 48$ dollars a gram , nice

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
just got a quote from a local raw gold buyer; Colones 21,000/gm, too low (~$35) but it will rise

there used to be gringo gold buyers but it got violent some years ago, all Tico now

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we get to $2000, it will be a mixed blessing, as the claim stakers will be out in force. It has been kinda nice with low spot prices, as there is a lot of open ground to hunt.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My bet would be most of youall wouldnt part with the trophy gold no matter how high price.

Fact, people ask why did i sell my gold, how come you dont save it?

We're miners, its what a miner does go for the paycheck !

Gt......

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bet would be most of youall wouldnt part with the trophy gold no matter how high price.

Fact, people ask why did i sell my gold, how come you dont save it?

We're miners, its what a miner does go for the paycheck !

I sell gold once a month at least.

Just traded 8 grams of placer and several grams of micro mounts (total weight quartz and gold)

For a brand new Thompson puffer with the 12volt motor/hand crank.

So , I can process the piles I rip down as I detect them for specimens. I panned some samples just to see and there's enough gold in them to justify dry washing the piles.

Mojo is bringing up a cement mixer so I can pulverise clumps.

I sell some and hold on to some. Have a steady buyer for placer that pays SPOT.

Plus a few others that will buy a half ounce at a time no problem at 90%

Never a problem selling it buyer or sentimental wise.

Placering, detecting, drywashing. Getting ready for larger scale crushing. Have a second hand kiln I'm turning into and getting ready to build a flail mill. For the rusty mineralized quarts I have segregated.

Still have water so, Now that the kids are back in school my schedule can open up for three day runs on the claim. Gotta hike the Honda back down.

Detecting afternoons a few days a week until general Deer season opens up. Then I gotta try and drop some meat into the freezer. Our pork is running low.And I slaughtered in February.

With the price doing what its doing I will watch carefully. Sell, at stable points. I hate seeing a $40 daily jump three days after making a sale.

Most of the serious prospectors I know sell relatively often. Holding onto some for the future. Not for trophies. I only have a few pieces I would never sale. The only reason I regret selling any is when I think about how much I could have got at a higher price. But, I guess thats always gonna be he case lol.

I don't blame anyone who wants to keep the gold they find. It is worthy of being a trophy to share with others for years to come. Not every one who looks finds bigger pieces or nice specimens.

I know I'll just be out getting more. Easy come easy go I guess.

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thing when dealing in high grade specimens, like the Divide tends to have, the spot price is kinda irrelevant. Uniqueness, crystallization, location, provenance make the price.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hold onto trophy gold, but I do have investment gold. No need to sell unless I need/want to I suppose, I'll sell when I absolutely have to or the price is just too good not to let some go. It don't make you any more or less of a miner if you hold it or not.. The stories I hear of some of the "real miners" that lived out in the hills and solely mined for a living horded the majority of their gold, sometimes passing before they could cash it in..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions