Souther Nevada

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Find your local USGS office, they have the info you need in bulletin form...

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make yourself familiar with this website. Welcome to Land Matters. It shows current claim locations in all western states......The best way to find gold is to search in areas where it is being and has been found before. Search in areas near the claims not on them without permission. Joining a club is a good idea too.

Good luck.

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks for all the responses. Any reputable clubs you would recommend?

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whiteā€˜s Sierra Madre
Whiteā€˜s TMā€“600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe there is placer gold in the vicinity of Nelson which is southeast of Las Vegas.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your best place is DelMar by Caliente up on 93 , itā€™s fine but you will find gold . Nelson is hard to even find a spec. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567717068.789111.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567717090.963215.jpg Delmar gold .

Steuss

Aug 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mus50stang,

I live in Vegas. The local club Iā€™m a member of is Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada. They have a claim up in the Johnnie District (just NW of Pahrump, NV), and a few in northern Arizona (by Dolan Springs/Meadville). I believe that Nye Gold Seekers has a claim in the Johnnie District too. Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™ve also got a claim or two in the Congress District (also by Pahrump).

GPAA, and Mohave Prospectors Association have good claims in northern Arizona. Theyā€™re all pretty much in the same area, and all give up pretty good gold if you're willing to work for it.

GPAA has a claim near Nelson, but the area is mostly lode. You might be lucky and find a pocket of placer, but itā€™s definitely not distributed widely/reliably like the AZ gold fields. Thereā€™s also a claim near Barstow.

Iā€™m not sure where in SNV you are, but if youā€™re in the valley, youā€™ll unfortunately need to drive 1-3 hours to get to a decent placer area.

Cliff Notes:
Clubs that would have claims you can access somewhat near Southern Nevada -- Gold Prospectorā€™s Association of America, Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada, Nye Gold Seekers, and Mohave Prospectors Association.

If you can and/or only want to join one, Iā€™d go with Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada.

Last edited:

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would suggest downloading "Google Earth Pro", it is free and takes only bit of time to learn, but worth it. Check out and explore https://mrdata.usgs.gov/mrds/find-mrds.php . This is the bible of the wise. Shows almost everything you'll need.

In the MRDS site page - select

In state - select one
with commodity - select one
operation type - select one

Click the Search button
Results - Choose format "Google Earth"
Click the "Get Data" button

The file probably will end up in the download directory. Import the KML or KMZ file into Google Earth Pro.

ENJOY

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread