Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Even though we keep copious notes it seems every year questions arise.

Clay Diggins every year posts that great Annual Federal Mining Claims Filing Requirements Flowchart to follow.

My brother has 10 claims and uses the Small Miner Waiver.

There is a question about whether the Maintenance Fee Waiver Certification (BLM Form 3830-2) needs to be filed every year before Sep 01 with the BLM or only on the first year of ownership.

The flowchart is quite clear that the Form 3830-2 needs to be filed every year. However it goes against what my notes say so if I'm wrong I need to correct my notes.

Any guidance as always is appreciated.

Upvote 0

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your notes will cost you or your brother to loose claims so listen to "Clay Diggins" (Barry).

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, You need to file it every year. Here in CA they mail the forms out to you... except for this year it seems.

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, You need to file it every year. Here in CA they mail the forms out to you... except for this year it seems.

Thanks bug for the answer we needed.

Take care.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Waiting for the Gov. to send out notifications, why ? It is up to us claim owners to do our due diligence to keep our claims not the other way around. Be smart and proactive.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting for the Gov. to send out notifications, why ? It is up to us claim owners to do our due diligence to keep our claims not the other way around. Be smart and proactive.[/QUO
I

Not waiting really. Have generic forms for proof of labor can print the SMW. It is just interesting though not surprising that Ca. hasn't mailed yet.

I have a partner that moved out of state. Was gonna let him get his mailer sign and fill in his data. then mail it off to me to handle the rest of the info, filing and recording.

Now he'll just print it and do the same. The manilla envelope from BLM will probably show up a day or two later.

So, that's whats up fellas they're waiting on me:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread