All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh man...

This is why buying a claim when you don't know how to locate and stake one your self can be a huge problem.

No, offense to you Mac .. it's just not a good idea.

Yes, you do have to record at the county a notice of intent to hold if you paid maintenance fee's or if it is your first year filing a small miner waiver.

You can file a maintenance fee (small miner) waiver if you have ten claims or less. $15 bucks per claim.

Then perform $100 worth of labor "assessment work" per claim. Within the assesment year the waiver is for. So, $ 15 bucks per claim is a lot less than $1200 bucks in maintenance fee's.
But, for the sake of honor and integrity don't lie about performing your labor. Considering you don't live in the state your claims are in.

So, you bought seven claims? Please don't say you bought claims totaling more than 20 acres EACH as an individual...

Let us know if you have anymore questions. we will do our best to help.

OP
OP
M

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'll be honest with you. I got around 135 acres total. I won them on ebay. I didn't believe that it was legit so I called the BLM office in Idaho and they told me it was in fact legit. I have the quick claim deed and a bunch of other paperwork that the owner sent me. It was from their parents estate. I dont think they were to happy because it went really cheap. The claims are about 2 miles or so south of Atlanta Idaho. That's why I didn't locate or stake it out. My boys and I went out there in early July to look at what I had got myself into. We located them and played around a little bit and yes, we did find color. Really small stuff. There were people dredging on other spots close by. So yeah, I got 7 claims on a lucky bid and I paid the fees today online. Typed in the serial numbers and whatnot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread