Roaring Camp Tips

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Decided to unload some money and rent a cabin at roaring camp after Labor Day.

Anyone have stories to tell from prior trips?

I’m debating if my time would be best spent up against their wall of tertiary gravel or working areas on the river itself. I have a gold hog sluice, angus Mac Kirk, and a bunch of crevicing tools.

Upvote 0

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My daughters school does an overnight at Roaring Camp each year for the 4th grade. And, this year shes in 4th grade! Needless to say, I'm excited to participate in this trip! I hope you get some meaningful responses because I'll be tuned in to this thread.

OP
OP
agolddigger

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My daughters school does an overnight at Roaring Camp each year for the 4th grade. And, this year shes in 4th grade! Needless to say, I'm excited to participate in this trip! I hope you get some meaningful responses because I'll be tuned in to this thread.

Wow, that sure beats the field trips I got as a kid!

I'll post what I find / where I find it. It's a one off trip rather than a spot I can hit every weekend so nothing worth hiding.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been there several times with my kid, great place for that. Camping ,swimming, tubing, fishing and just hanging out with family. There is good gold there but you gotta know where to go. The tertiary placer wall known as "Ceasar's" can be good, its all about the spot. Some do well.......others squat. Bring some extra buckets and plan on diggin early and late as it gets hotter that Hell up there mid day.

You have the option of buying a "pile" and some can be quite good, took 5 grams outta the last one I bought BUT saw others find little of nothing in their's. If you bring kids this is not a bad way to go.........very easy. Cabins are clean and comfortable, bathrooms nice. The store and grill a bit pricey but well stocked and food good. This is a family ran operation and most are attentive but some are knuckle heads. Mike is the operations manager and the the "go too" if you have any questions or need anything........nuff said. PM me if you wish to hear more......Rob

OP
OP
agolddigger

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been there several times with my kid, great place for that. Camping ,swimming, tubing, fishing and just hanging out with family. There is good gold there but you gotta know where to go. The tertiary placer wall known as "Ceasar's" can be good, its all about the spot. Some do well.......others squat. Bring some extra buckets and plan on diggin early and late as it gets hotter that Hell up there mid day.

You have the option of buying a "pile" and some can be quite good, took 5 grams outta the last one I bought BUT saw others find little of nothing in their's. If you bring kids this is not a bad way to go.........very easy. Cabins are clean and comfortable, bathrooms nice. The store and grill a bit pricey but well stocked and food good. This is a family ran operation and most are attentive but some are knuckle heads. Mike is the operations manager and the the "go too" if you have any questions or need anything........nuff said. PM me if you wish to hear more......Rob

Awesome, thank you Rob!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still wishing I could join you Jim!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions