Roaring Camp Tips
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By agolddigger
  • 1 Post By mofugly13
  • 2 Post By agolddigger
  • 6 Post By Hard Prospector
  • 1 Post By KevinInColorado

Thread: Roaring Camp Tips

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Gold Prospector

Oct 2016
    California
    113 times
    Prospecting

Roaring Camp Tips

Decided to unload some money and rent a cabin at roaring camp after Labor Day.

Anyone have stories to tell from prior trips?

Iím debating if my time would be best spent up against their wall of tertiary gravel or working areas on the river itself. I have a gold hog sluice, angus Mac Kirk, and a bunch of crevicing tools.

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    166 times
    Prospecting
    My daughters school does an overnight at Roaring Camp each year for the 4th grade. And, this year shes in 4th grade! Needless to say, I'm excited to participate in this trip! I hope you get some meaningful responses because I'll be tuned in to this thread.
    ratled likes this.

us
    Gold Prospector

Oct 2016
    California
    113 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mofugly13 View Post
    My daughters school does an overnight at Roaring Camp each year for the 4th grade. And, this year shes in 4th grade! Needless to say, I'm excited to participate in this trip! I hope you get some meaningful responses because I'll be tuned in to this thread.
    Wow, that sure beats the field trips I got as a kid!

I'll post what I find / where I find it. It's a one off trip rather than a spot I can hit every weekend so nothing worth hiding.
    KevinInColorado and et1955 like this.

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    1271 times
    Prospecting
    Been there several times with my kid, great place for that. Camping ,swimming, tubing, fishing and just hanging out with family. There is good gold there but you gotta know where to go. The tertiary placer wall known as "Ceasar's" can be good, its all about the spot. Some do well.......others squat. Bring some extra buckets and plan on diggin early and late as it gets hotter that Hell up there mid day.

You have the option of buying a "pile" and some can be quite good, took 5 grams outta the last one I bought BUT saw others find little of nothing in their's. If you bring kids this is not a bad way to go.........very easy. Cabins are clean and comfortable, bathrooms nice. The store and grill a bit pricey but well stocked and food good. This is a family ran operation and most are attentive but some are knuckle heads. Mike is the operations manager and the the "go too" if you have any questions or need anything........nuff said. PM me if you wish to hear more......Rob

us
    Gold Prospector

Oct 2016
    California
    113 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Prospector View Post
    Been there several times with my kid, great place for that. Camping ,swimming, tubing, fishing and just hanging out with family. There is good gold there but you gotta know where to go. The tertiary placer wall known as "Ceasar's" can be good, its all about the spot. Some do well.......others squat. Bring some extra buckets and plan on diggin early and late as it gets hotter that Hell up there mid day.

You have the option of buying a "pile" and some can be quite good, took 5 grams outta the last one I bought BUT saw others find little of nothing in their's. If you bring kids this is not a bad way to go.........very easy. Cabins are clean and comfortable, bathrooms nice. The store and grill a bit pricey but well stocked and food good. This is a family ran operation and most are attentive but some are knuckle heads. Mike is the operations manager and the the "go too" if you have any questions or need anything........nuff said. PM me if you wish to hear more......Rob
    Awesome, thank you Rob!

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10580 times
    Prospecting
    Still wishing I could join you Jim!
    agolddigger likes this.

Sponsored Links