Do not watch if you love gold. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Do not watch if you love gold.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2010
    California
    Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
    149 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The owner of this nugget owns one of the most important mines in the Sierras that has produced collectible crystalline specimens known throughout the collecting world. I have met him and he is one intelligent and generous people I have met. Like Iamudigger has stated people sell for many reasons, his reason was probably to get some quick cash for some mining equipment he needs to work his mine. Although for many it may hurt to watch, I can assure you this fella is one smart cookie and has already recovered amazing and huge crystalline gold specimens that will be available for purchase at the Denver Gold Show and other large Shows throughout the world. So enjoy the video !!
    OwenT, et1955, BillA and 1 others like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11936 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    it's Sierra.

Whats the name of the mine?

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11936 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Realizing he could own private ground. However this guy has only one claim to his name. And none closed or abandoned. It is a placer claim. Though he has other under ground videos. yet few of them show gold. No showing of the chunk he ruined being found or shown off.

I have no doubt he found it. Unless he inherited or bought it for some reason maybe years ago?

He paid a maintenance fee this year which seems silly considering it looks like he does ample work on his claim. if that's it in the videos.

Can't find any thing on him selling specimens. I happen to know a little bit about that market. I've contacted numerous broker/collectors.

I seriously doubt he did it cause he needed the money. His bar sucks and will need more refining. He didn't show all that much experience.

He should have just priced it right in the first place.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Sep 02, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
    BillA and et1955 like this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    591 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Realizing he could own private ground. However this guy has only one claim to his name. And none closed or abandoned. It is a placer claim. Though he has other under ground videos. yet few of them show gold. No showing of the chunk he ruined being found or shown off.

I have no doubt he found it. Unless he inherited or bought it for some reason maybe years ago?

He paid a maintenance fee this year which seems silly considering it looks like he does ample work on his claim. if that's it in the videos.

Can't find any thing on him selling specimens. I happen to know a little bit about that market. I've contacted numerous broker/collectors.

I seriously doubt he did it cause he needed the money. His bar sucks and will need more refining. He didn't show all that much experience.

He should have just priced it right in the first place.
    Right, even if he just decided to sell it at spot price for the amount of gold in it, anyone in their right mind would buy it, and then he’d save the trouble of processing it.
    et1955 and Goldwasher like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1215 times
    and spare us that video
    et1955 and Goldwasher like this.

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    166 times
    Prospecting
    A google search for the name of the guy who has the video on YouTube, “Dave Varabioff gold mine” brings this up among the results:

https://coloradoquartzmine.com/

Seems like he and the “Tony Frazier” mentioned in the video own the mine, known for producing specimens if you believe their website. I believe it.

Simple google search... Not sure why people are so quick to talk sh*t.

Charter Member
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    905 times
    Prospecting
    Destroying such a beautiful specimen is a crime plus doing it wrong adds to the insult.
    BillA likes this.

us
    Feb 2010
    California
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mofugly13 View Post
    A google search for the name of the guy who has the video on YouTube, “Dave Varabioff gold mine” brings this up among the results:

Seems like he and the “Tony Frazier” mentioned in the video own the mine, known for producing specimens if you believe their website. I believe it.

You hit it on the nail..Tony is a partner in the mine operation, Tony is also a geologist.. The Colorado Quartz Mine is famous around the world as it produces some nice crystalline specimens. One specimen is the Dragon Specimen 6 ounces troy of pure crystalline gold. Sold in the upwards of 300,00..today it sits in the Houston Natural History Museum. Another speiemc coming from the Colorado is the " Eagle Specimen " found and sold to a private party for an undisclosed amount. Under Tony and Dave's ownership they have found numerous specimens in the last 2 years. These guys are living their dream ...and actively mining and locating some incredible crystalline specimens...ARE YOU
    ?
    OwenT, mofugly13 and Goldwasher like this.

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    166 times
    Prospecting
    I most certainly am not. Sure wish I was...
    OwenT and Relichunter1 like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    1215 times
    Tony and Dave are free to do as they wish. The video does not demonstrate Dave's acumen, and seems a poor advertisement for their endeavors.

are comments limited to those who produce gold samples ?

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11936 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mofugly13 View Post

like I said he could have private ground. The only claim I could find under Daves name is in Ca.

I did do a search for Dragongold the name on the you tube channel.

us
    Feb 2010
    California
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    like I said he could have private ground. The only claim I could find under Daves name is in Ca.

I did do a search for Dragongold the name on the you tube channel.

Goldwasher.

Yes its private ground..

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11936 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relichunter1 View Post
    You hit it on the nail..Tony is a partner in the mine operation, Tony is also a geologist.. The Colorado Quartz Mine is famous around the world as it produces some nice crystalline specimens. One specimen is the Dragon Specimen 6 ounces troy of pure crystalline gold. Sold in the upwards of 300,00..today it sits in the Houston Natural History Museum. Another speiemc coming from the Colorado is the " Eagle Specimen " found and sold to a private party for an undisclosed amount. Under Tony and Dave's ownership they have found numerous specimens in the last 2 years. These guys are living their dream ...and actively mining and locating some incredible crystalline specimens...ARE YOU ?
    I am. Though I stopped uploading pics to tnet a while ago. You can stalk my started threads if you want to see more. Crystals of the Dead Bear Republic. Not even close to all I've pulled and they keep coming and I'm still pretty much doing surface work and waste pile clean up.

I havent got a solo piece with that much weight yet. I make up for it in volume. It's just a matter of time before I pull one like that or bigger.. It is easier to sell smaller stuff to the regular public. Gold shows are not the place to sell larger ones. Mineral shows would be better. I have a few buyers that would have snatched that piece up, But not at 22K would have gotten more than he will get for that bar for sure.

So, I guess i will just continue talking **** as I see fit.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Sep 03, 2019 at 09:20 PM.
    et1955 likes this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    591 times
    Prospecting
    Related to this topic, there is an article in ICMJ this month about that bonanza in Australia, said the miners are being really picky about what’s a specimen and worth picking out and they’re throwing the the rest in the crusher. “Not worth their time”
    et1955 likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11936 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Now I know why his name sounded so, familiar. Dave owns Goldbay.

So, that chunk he ruined for funzies wasn't even from the Colorado/Mockingbird area.

Dude knows the market he should have no issue selling it it's literally what he does
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Sep 03, 2019 at 09:19 PM.
    et1955 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links