Do not watch if you love gold.

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A google search for the name of the guy who has the video on YouTube, “Dave Varabioff gold mine” brings this up among the results:

https://coloradoquartzmine.com/

Seems like he and the “Tony Frazier” mentioned in the video own the mine, known for producing specimens if you believe their website. I believe it.

Simple google search... Not sure why people are so quick to talk sh*t.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Destroying such a beautiful specimen is a crime plus doing it wrong adds to the insult.

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A google search for the name of the guy who has the video on YouTube, “Dave Varabioff gold mine” brings this up among the results:

Seems like he and the “Tony Frazier” mentioned in the video own the mine, known for producing specimens if you believe their website. I believe it.

You hit it on the nail..Tony is a partner in the mine operation, Tony is also a geologist.. The Colorado Quartz Mine is famous around the world as it produces some nice crystalline specimens. One specimen is the Dragon Specimen 6 ounces troy of pure crystalline gold. Sold in the upwards of 300,00..today it sits in the Houston Natural History Museum. Another speiemc coming from the Colorado is the " Eagle Specimen " found and sold to a private party for an undisclosed amount. Under Tony and Dave's ownership they have found numerous specimens in the last 2 years. These guys are living their dream .:hello2:..and actively mining and locating some incredible crystalline specimens...ARE YOU :icon_scratch:
?

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Tony and Dave are free to do as they wish. The video does not demonstrate Dave's acumen, and seems a poor advertisement for their endeavors.

are comments limited to those who produce gold samples ?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

like I said he could have private ground. The only claim I could find under Daves name is in Ca.

I did do a search for Dragongold the name on the you tube channel.

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like I said he could have private ground. The only claim I could find under Daves name is in Ca.

I did do a search for Dragongold the name on the you tube channel.

Goldwasher.

Yes its private ground..

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit it on the nail..Tony is a partner in the mine operation, Tony is also a geologist.. The Colorado Quartz Mine is famous around the world as it produces some nice crystalline specimens. One specimen is the Dragon Specimen 6 ounces troy of pure crystalline gold. Sold in the upwards of 300,00..today it sits in the Houston Natural History Museum. Another speiemc coming from the Colorado is the " Eagle Specimen " found and sold to a private party for an undisclosed amount. Under Tony and Dave's ownership they have found numerous specimens in the last 2 years. These guys are living their dream .:hello2:..and actively mining and locating some incredible crystalline specimens...ARE YOU :icon_scratch: ?

I am. Though I stopped uploading pics to tnet a while ago. You can stalk my started threads if you want to see more. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/594777-crystals-dead-bear-republic.html. Not even close to all I've pulled and they keep coming and I'm still pretty much doing surface work and waste pile clean up.

I havent got a solo piece with that much weight yet. I make up for it in volume. It's just a matter of time before I pull one like that or bigger.. It is easier to sell smaller stuff to the regular public. Gold shows are not the place to sell larger ones. Mineral shows would be better. I have a few buyers that would have snatched that piece up, But not at 22K would have gotten more than he will get for that bar for sure.

So, I guess i will just continue talking **** as I see fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OwenT

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Related to this topic, there is an article in ICMJ this month about that bonanza in Australia, said the miners are being really picky about what’s a specimen and worth picking out and they’re throwing the the rest in the crusher. “Not worth their time”

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know why his name sounded so, familiar. Dave owns Goldbay.

So, that chunk he ruined for funzies wasn't even from the Colorado/Mockingbird area.

Dude knows the market he should have no issue selling it it's literally what he does:dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread