Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ! That's the Only Gold Show I enjoy Watching Yet

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea.... Ax Men is back on also. Same guys with the same mission.....

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have family employed on one of the large dredges.

I don't watch the show much, but it's interesting to hear what happens behind the scenes and the actual "reality"
of the show.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I like them all. I dont care how ridiculous they are but Gold Rush is way better without Hofftard.

although i don't like old man hoffman,
that crew is the only ones i like.

the kid and the guy who swears all the time drove me away

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of drunks who can't make money because they work one day a week hungover

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the people featured in the show make no more money than if they working the same job without the cameras. Basically it's...sign the release waiver or there is someone else waiting in line to be on the show for free. They don't even get paid as a background actor or an extra.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
In Nome, Alaska, the summer gold mining season is heating up, and the miners are bringing new tactics, exploring new territory, and deploying all new technology in order to mine the most gold ever in BERING SEA GOLD history. A new clash of the titans has erupted with all miners driven to secure their spot at the top. The all-new season of BERING SEA GOLD, premieres Tuesday, September 17th at 9 PM ET/PT on Discovery Channel.

This season, Shawn Pomrenke feels the pressure from his newest competitor, Ken Kerr, as he tries to stay atop Nome’s gold mining heap. The threat to Shawn’s reign is looming as Ken’s 600-ton gold-digging behemoth is primed and ready, dwarfing everything currently on the water. The pressure is on Shawn to get his own mega-dredge monster on the water as soon as he can. Also, Vernon Adkison makes his return to the Bering Sea with his custom-built ‘Gold Ship’ as he sets out to prove the ship can successfully mine the gold grounds. But, challenges arise early as he tries to navigate his dredge 1000 miles down the treacherous Yukon River.

Emily Riedel, the most successful female dredge owner in Nome, sets her sights on an even bigger payday than last season, but she faces many tough obstacles including a close call that could cost her to lose her entire dredge to the Bering Sea forever. In addition, Kris, Brad and Andy Kelly are coming off their best season ever and are ready to make their lofty gold mining expectations a reality. They return to the promising ground at The Bluff but Kris is dead set to lead his family into the future by claiming remote grounds they can call their own. Going up against life or death decisions, the crews will be challenged in more ways than ever before, but it’ll be an all-out race to winter to see who will lead the pack and earn the title of top miner in Nome

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i read that they outlawed the large dredges by putting a max length on them,also that shawn was losing all his stuff to some partners,it will be fun to see what they say on the show.
brad

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing you don't realize from watching the show is that they run two shifts on those big dredges.
My brother operates the excavator on the night shift (Myrtle Irene). It's just another job for him. There is not a lot of job opportunities in Nome.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This, it's the only gold show I can't stand. Some of them are clearly methheads.

Yea I Can see why They have Haters.

Last few seasons I Had the Biggest problem with The Irish Crew.
They seemed to be put in to Act like Morons & Thieves .
Either they really Are, Or they played their Part Well.

They did Calm down Last season.

other issue for me was the crying poverty. They all Cry Poverty, But
they were Never in Real "Want". I Could show them what Real "Want" Is :(
& It's not having a Multi Million Dollar Bank account, You Don't Want to Touch.

When on the rare occasion, My only account reaches $1,000.00 I'm dancing in my Mind with Pride,
as I Pay my Bills & Whittle it back Down to $400 or so for another month :(

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still enjoy this Bearing Sea series where as I'm tired of the other(Gold Rush) show. I'm just over watching rock trucks go round and round and seeing that little mouthy punk running his pie hole. Keep hoping he will finally get a slap across the face some day.

There seems to be enough change to Bearing Sea gold each season to keep my interest but glad to see their bringing Vernon back this series. Kinda liked his gruff and rough style.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vernon ............really? You'd think he would be tired of pouring money out of his pockets. Ah, but that's the bait that hook's us. HA!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still enjoy this Bearing Sea series where as I'm tired
of the other(Gold Rush) show. I'm just over watching rock trucks go round and round and
seeing that little mouthy punk running his pie hole. Keep hoping he will finally get a slap
across the face some day.

Considering all the attention he's had since he was just a kid, I'd
say he's pretty well grounded.

Did you watch the "Parker's Trail" series this year? Worth your time
to watch, especially the last episodes. You just might find yourself changing
your opinion.

As for Bearing Sea Gold, ya got Emily (the Emo Queen), Shawn the Gold King,
followed by a couple gangs of drinkers / custodians of modern chemistry. It has
it's moments, no doubt, but there's too much interpersonal drama and not enough
mining to hold my attention.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vernon ............really? You'd think he would be tired of pouring money out of his pockets. Ah, but that's the bait that hook's us. HA!

The guy had holes in his pockets for sure. But the way he was always coming up with some new scheme to get the gold could be pretty damn entertaining. Like em or not, characters like Vernon and Zeke added their own flavor to the show which had been lost.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Vernon ! He ain't afraid to Spend his Money.

I Don't like Zeke. although Emily can be a Moron.
Zeke Seems to be a thief the way he Screws her over.

Don't get me wrong, I Understand it may be scripted.
But this is how he comes off to me

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although i don't like old man hoffman,
that crew is the only ones i like.

the kid and the guy who swears all the time drove me away
I haven't watched that show in awhile, but that Trey Poulson who busted that that other guy in the nose is now a customer of mine working as a manager for a mine contractor. I'm thinking treasurenet should start a production to pitch to the networks.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't watched that show in awhile, but that Trey Poulson who busted that that other guy in the nose is now a customer of mine working as a manager for a mine contractor. I'm thinking treasurenet should start a production to pitch to the networks.

Trey Poulson ? I must have stopped watching already before that.
I googled him, Don't look familiar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread