Cape Dissapointment.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are going to Cape Disappointment, best time for mining gold is after a major storm in the winter time, the storms reconstitutes the gold, also the beach will be covered in black sand and there is gold in it but the best gold will be deeper. If you dig down until you hit a bluish black layer you will find that gold percentage is so much higher than what is on the surface. 101_0251.JPG

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
The cape is pretty good most of the year but it is definitely better after the winter storms.

Just be prepared to be able to collect the fine gold ...... That means deep V mat....... Goldhog mat , UR and maybe some Motherload.Remember you can use power on the beach, The only restriction is a maximum of 10 sq ft of capture area.

Also be sure to have your copy of the Gold and Fish pamphlet. That is your permit.

The campground at the cape is pretty good. They also have a primitive area that is fine if you are prepared for that ..ie.. have your own water and power , there is water available to top your tanks and a dump station for the rest of your tanks.

If you have any questions PM me your phone # and I will give you a call and answer any other questions you may have.

IMG_1005.JPG IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1103.JPG

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Remember you will be dealing with tides, check them before you go, best to be there when the tide is going out, gives you time to set up and get mining, one trick to beat the tides is to set up an area near your operation and pile up a lot of pay material so you can process it while the tide is high. Wear hip waders, you will need them to get water for you recirculating system, so fun and wet getting water from ocean waves. Also the material you will running is mostly black sand and it is very heavy and work slow.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cape is pretty good most of the year but it is definitely better after the winter storms.

Just be prepared to be able to collect the fine gold ...... That means deep V mat....... Goldhog mat , UR and maybe some Motherload.Remember you can use power on the beach, The only restriction is a maximum of 10 sq ft of capture area.

Also be sure to have your copy of the Gold and Fish pamphlet. That is your permit.

The campground at the cape is pretty good. They also have a primitive area that is fine if you are prepared for that ..ie.. have your own water and power , there is water available to top your tanks and a dump station for the rest of your tanks.

If you have any questions PM me your phone # and I will give you a call and answer any other questions you may have.

View attachment 1751510 View attachment 1751511 View attachment 1751512 View attachment 1751513
Sweet! Thanks John. Not sure if it will be this winter or next but I definitely want to make a trip there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember you will be dealing with tides, check them before you go, best to be there when the tide is going out, gives you time to set up and get mining, one trick to beat the tides is to set up an area near your operation and pile up a lot of pay material so you can process it while the tide is high. Wear hip waders, you will need them to get water for you recirculating system, so fun and wet getting water from ocean waves. Also the material you will running is mostly black sand and it is very heavy and work slow.
Thanks et1955. I'm thinking Gold Cube.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Washer, Golden Mojo. Any interest in flying out for a weekend?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold cube is always a good choice for that fine gold....
Just feed it a little slower...........

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Washer, Golden Mojo. Any interest in flying out for a weekend?

It might be a possibility, we will have to check it out. I will text you about it.

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We camped there a year ago and people were digging to recover fines. Gold cube was used by a couple of people digging large deep holes.
Good luck! Ya never know till you get out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread