point bar, salida co.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stayed at point bar this year in salida for a couple days. it was pretty tough getting in, had to use the howard entrance . Brutal on a 4 door F350 long bed. Don't take a long truck in there if you like your paint. the campground seemed the same as the last time I was there. I have not been there in 10 years. this year I was informed dredge and highbanker permits are no longer being issued for point bar. and its pans only for the future. I believe the rafting and fishing guides on the Arkansas probably had something to do with it. we were the only diggers there. and we got pretty dirty looks from everybody floating past. lol. thank goodness it was not our destination. but as always down on the bar, there was black sand everywhere and flour gold in all of it. every scoop has plenty of colors. but its super fine, sure would take a lot of it to amount to anything. 20190813_181213.jpg 20190814_111437_Burst02.jpg 20190815_085556.jpg 20190814_111444.jpg

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The rafting season ends 8/15 when they drastically reduce releases from the reservoir upstream of there. Lower water and no rafters means it’s serious digging season!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread