Keene 3 stage vs Proline Wave Classifier for dredge.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 3 Post By okbasspro
  • 1 Post By okbasspro

Thread: Keene 3 stage vs Proline Wave Classifier for dredge.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    A11
    us
    Oct 2015
    Colorado
    1 times
    Prospecting

Keene 3 stage vs Proline Wave Classifier for dredge.

Title kind of says it all. Looking to buy my first dredge, have zero experience with a dredge though fyi. Would be running it in Colorado on larger creeks and small rivers. Most of the gold will be fine/flour. So need people's personal inputs on what they do and don't like as far as recovery on the fine stuff between these two systems. I have been doing my own reading and heard guys like the proline beefy construction of their dredge and heard guys will mod the keene to get it tuned right but haven't seen reports as far as how the diffrent systems actually perform. Don't want to buy snake oil and am planning on hopefully buying my first and only dredge. Thank you. Also Fyi looking at both company's 4 inch dredges and will use 3 inch nozzle to comply with bureaucratic regs.
    Last edited by A11; Oct 05, 2019 at 10:01 AM.

us
    Oct 2009
    7660 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I had to look up the "wave classifier" to see what it was referring to and I'm not impressed. All I see is a standard single stage sluice box. Keene's triple stage works really well although I still think it needs tweeking. I replaced the under-flow with deep-V matting and expanded metal. I built my own 3" with an expansion on the over-under design and I've been VERY happy with its success.

Here is the video about my homemade 3 inch.

This video shows my latest updates to the design. If you dont want to watch the coin-dredging section, skip ahead to about the 7:40 mark where I talk about and show the details. I didnt say anything in the video about the riffles (since it wasnt specific video for gold dredging) but you can see I changed the up riffle set. The scrap yard expanded just wouldnt run right for me, so I had a set of combo riffles made with half expanded and half hungarian. This set also lets me clamp it down securely or quickly flip up to do a cleanout.

Last edited by Jason in Enid; Oct 05, 2019 at 11:45 AM.
    winners58 and DizzyDigger like this.

A11
    us
    Oct 2015
    Colorado
    1 times
    Prospecting
    That's so freakin awesome. Love the home made video.
    Ya well IDK was reading about the proline and that was kind of my thoughts. The three stage Keene is a legit proven concept of basically higher recovery through better classification. You can see that in the design.
    The proline looks just like a single stage sluice to me but is somehow supposed to create a jig action and capture the fine? I don't get how they would do that in a sluice design. But then again judging by a picture is hard to do. If any one has first had experiance please chime in.

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1286 times
    Prospecting
    I run a 4" Proline with the HP400 pump I would put it against any dredge out there. Regardless of which you go with you will have to tune it to your area. They will run out of the box but all equipment has losses as a operator you need to minimize those losses. I have 3 different setups I run in my Proline and it catches gold that is -200. Get the one you like and get after it.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

A11
    us
    Oct 2015
    Colorado
    1 times
    Prospecting
    So is your Proline running with the wave classifier? Whats your thoughts on it?

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1286 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    So is your Proline running with the wave classifier? Whats your thoughts on it?
    Yes it always has the wave classifier no matter what riffles I run. I like it.
    russau likes this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links