is their anybody online right now please look at the picture

robinredd

Nov 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (2).png

im getting ready to drive up to where the pictures are on the bear river california up by coloma . i was wondering if i could get some help on whats look like from the pictures where would be some good spot to look for some gold
my name is robin thank you

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The corner in the pic looks like Hanson’s. It is private property and after being overrun in a 49er type deluge the last few years they are now enforcing their property rights. Downstream from that corner about a mile or so you will find the boundary marker for the park which is run by NID. You can mine from that point downstream to the day use parking lot with non engine driven equipment on the East side of the river. The West side is private property. Up until a week ago the water flow was approx 40CFS and easy pickins. NID raised it to 450CFS so now not easy pickins. Good Luck and Stay Safe.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
private land...there are only two easy public access areas to the bear.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robin, it appears you skipped a step (finding spots to look for gold that isn't already owned by someone else).

If you ask a few questions here...you will get a pretty good education on claim/land ownership research for free.

OP
OP
R

robinredd

Nov 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The corner in the pic looks like Hanson’s. It is private property and after being overrun in a 49er type deluge the last few years they are now enforcing their property rights. Downstream from that corner about a mile or so you will find the boundary marker for the park which is run by NID. You can mine from that point downstream to the day use parking lot with non engine driven equipment on the East side of the river. The West side is private property. Up until a week ago the water flow was approx 40CFS and easy pickins. NID raised it to 450CFS so now not easy pickins. Good Luck and Stay Safe.

Yeah I found out I didn’t hear anything by the time we left back on the website i saw all the private property signs it sure look nice on Google maps , so from there I just punched in on my phone the bear river campground and went from there down there I should’ve known . Oh and by the way I just realized I had put Coloma it wasn’t Coloma i meant Colfax. Down The parking lot by the campgrounds we put on our waiters and cross the river to see on the picture where we went can we use the flow pan and brought home a bunch of concentrates still got to go through no I was curious we had went to Home Depot and bought a PVC tubing and then another piece that would go inside that PVC tubing and put a plunger on the end of it and we were using that down there to suck up some of the gravel and squirt it into the 5 gallon bucket you just pull the one tube by hand and it sucked up a little bit of the gravel off the bottom is that legal I don’t know imageedit_10_3373339174.gif oh mt god i just read your post again we went across but was not on the land part we were in the water were the bedrock is . what is the nid

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevada Irrigation District

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Robin. Cleaning out a bedrock pocket with a slurp gun is the way to go. The most effective miners on the Bear wear a wetsuit and mask so the can see everything in the pocket. Everyone here likes gold pics so post one of your finds.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia and Best of luck to you.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sent a FR hope you accept I like to share my finds and experiance. Tommy

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bend in the river will catch gold, also around large rocks, boulders.
Private property will be your biggest obstacle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread