Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good idea! Years ago I did a similar set up only mine did not have sides......just a ledge. It worked fine also. I would put my 3 inch dredge motor on the ledge....then strap on the sluice over that (diagonal from my head to my lower back/ledge). Then wrap the hoses all around the whole package. I used a two man rubber raft (air force issued) for my pontoons and had a PVC take apart frame. Worked good......just had to blow up the raft...or inner tubes.

Bejay

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it Gearnut.
I have an observation to share, thought it’s about wheeled methods for hauling gear: deer carts don’t work very well. I’m talking about the two-wheeled ones. I bought one to haul my high banker up a rocky creek, but you use too much energy balancing it front/back (because of the two wheels).
I bought a Gorilla Cart more recently and it’s sooooo much better.
Hope that helps someone.
Sorry to take away from your original post, Gearnut.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Brianc053, I bought the large Gorilla cart a couple of years ago.

It not only helps me with prospecting ventures, I use it around my home and cabin all the time hauling firewood, garden stuff, gravel, even soaking a big catch of horseneck clams over night before processing.

Mike

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A motorized wheelbarrow if you can still find them are great to get gear in/out. And you can move pay dirt easily once you are there

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just stopped carrying 47 buckets and three classifiers.

Don't have to worry about it anymore.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1/4 mile hike downhill to the dig site, with a 2" pump, couple buckets, pack with tools, highbanker combo, and hoses is killer on old bones. But I don't want to put in a trail to lead the high graders to my gold. Next season the stuff goes in, and lives in a hole until the end of the season.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1/4 mile hike downhill to the dig site, with a 2" pump, couple buckets, pack with tools, highbanker combo, and hoses is killer on old bones. But I don't want to put in a trail to lead the high graders to my gold. Next season the stuff goes in, and lives in a hole until the end of the season.

I only hike the motor in at the beginning of the wet season out at the end. Everything else stays.

Gas can and oil in and out as needed.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I use one of these bags -- Sluice a 3 gallon bucket with two 2 gallon buckets in side the 3 gal.
I don't use 5 gallon buckets because I always fill them up. Rock hammer, gloves, sometimes a classifier.
bag.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think it will work for me.I drive my truck w/in 100 yards of the creek.From there its a wide path to the water.Then a 2-3 mile walk downstream.Reviews show problems w/tires holding air, can fix that w/tubes.And I can use it around the yard. Hauling Those 5 gallon buckets w/ classified material is NO fun. On the return trip to the truck w/ the material I can winch it up,or shovel the material onto a tarp on the truck and flip the cart over for the ride home.It says its rated for 600 pounds.even 1/2 that weight would equal quite a few buckets :)
>>> https://www.acehardware.com/departm...=Impact&utm_campaign=10078&utm_keyword=611504

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a backpacking frame (minus the pack)?

My parents gave me a hunting pack frame (for packing meat) that has a folding rack on the bottom.
Makes strapping an empty 5 gallon bucket on there much easier. The milk crate would be redundant on my frame.

By the way what's up with the mounted goose with no head? NM I see it's just an odd angle.

IdahoGoldGettR

Mar 13, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love the “No head on the mounted goose” question. Quite the detective there. Picture playing mind games with ones imagination. Got to have a little humor in a post. Love it.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

A 50 gal garbage (or 2) can dug in (tight lid) works good!

Bejay

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way....not where I go. Helium balloon if you want to float in some equipment...but not on a windy day.

Bejay
pretty big baloon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread