All-Time Total Since June 2018

PickAxeCA

Nov 1, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Barely a weekend warrior. Hard rock + placer together = a more complete sampling picture for AU.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally got around to purchasing a jewelry scale, and I was delighted to get 5.99 grams as my all-time total since starting this hobby in June, 2018!

Was expecting 3 grams, so I clearly have a lot to learn in terms of estimating gold weight.

To all you seasoned prospectors who run production highbankers this might not seem like much, but for the number of days and recovery methods used (no highbanking - all panning) this is a total I am proud of.

It only strengthens my passion and motivation to keep improving at gold prospecting.

Can't wait for 2020!

-Xplore

P.S. The gold is all from southern British Columbia, Canada including: west of Chilliwack, the Coquihalla River, the Fraser River and Cayoosh Creek near Lilloet, B.C.

P.P.S. And yes, I hit the 'Tare' button with the empty container on the scale to zero it out before pouring the gold in. :award_star_gold_2:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Upvote 0

IdahoGoldGettR

Mar 13, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice gold. A good collection of that shiny yellow stuff with the use of a pan. If I were weighing this gold, I’d exhale once onto the scale and just call it 6 grams even. Thanks for showing us your total.

:weee:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice xplore. Panning gold is one of the things I like to do the most. Pack in light and swirl the dirt in the pan. Suprize, gold!!!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going !:) I like the 2 big ens

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice total for just panning. My wife and I just crossed the 8 gram line after a couple of years, but I guess we get to cheat a little across the border by sluicing or high banking. We don't have anything as big as those two nice pickers though.

OP
OP
PickAxeCA

PickAxeCA

Nov 1, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Barely a weekend warrior. Hard rock + placer together = a more complete sampling picture for AU.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks all - I think 2020 is going to be an even better season!

-Xplore

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread