One Ounce Of Gold In A Day

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched online for retailers.........

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just kidding

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did a hair over an ounce (8 nuggets) in 3 hrs with the Goldmonster………. most likely never happen again but ya never know, just keep on swinging!!!!!!!!!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have had several 1 oz days.
We were dredging up on the Similkameen river in North Central Washington. Dredged for a week without a spec then on the last day we cleaned off a spot that no one had done before and picked up just over an oz in about a hour, most of it with our fingers off the bottom.
:occasion14:

Gold.jpg

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here ever found one ounce of gold in a single day? If so, how did you do it??

Years ago I was thinking about a gold machine. One day I asked if the GoldMaster
was a good machine. A guy on the Compass forum said that he had found just
over an ounce, in a little over a weekend, in Colorado using a GoldMaster II.

GoldMaster II.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did! I got a great nugget off Ebay years ago! (When I used to have some money.)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nuggetshooting! 1.3oz

Attachments

• rghg.jpg
    rghg.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 73

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry Soloman;1.3oz[/QUOTE said:
Encouragement to "re-pan" my waters here, searched the heck out of it when I first came home, now 6 years later.......

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's very unlikely you'll find that much gold in a day these days without heavy equipment and wash plants like in Gold Rush. I remember reading in a book about a California gold rush miner in the 1850s complaining he was only getting around 1 ounce a week when other guys were getting way more. I have found places in gravel bars though where a single scoop of a large excavator could give you around 1 gram per scoop, but it's pretty much impossible to ever get the proper permits to be able to use heavy equipment to dig here. Took me a week just to get 2 grams that way by raw manual labor in my other thread here, hardest I've ever worked for so little, and after the hospital bills it sure as hell wasn't worth it.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im lucky to find a few floops in a day let alone a once, lol in Michigan your only legally aloud 1/2oz a year, witch Ill pry never have to worry about since theres so little gold around these parts but I still keep plugin away..

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Found 6 ounces with just my eyeglass n shovel, this was two seasons ago at the Maria mine, Dale district. Old timer 1800s was diggin test spots, i found a small depression what looked to be a dig it was below a 20 ft shaft.
Started scrapin on the hole it was soft had been dug before, i ended up diggin about 4 ft deep by 6 ft .

To my supprise the old guy had left the vein hangin in place, there was a piece of ore pinched n swelled from 6in to 2 in thickness it yielded a 55 drum of ore had 6 ounces in it, this took a whole 4 hours work, was more work luggin buckets to the truck.

Guess he found better and left this stuff for later and forgot, just goes to show its still out there and doesnt require heavy equipment.
I ended up spendin a couple months chiseling out a 30 ft by 15 ft deep trench solid rock got 1/4 ounce for my troubles.
Anyways some guys came by dug in my spot, all my tools were there, then they took my 90 day post used it for there discovery.
Looked at my paper work never called or dropped a note in the mail sayin hey gonna take over here.

Never been back i think the guys workin it got a story runnin in the minin journal, goes to show ya its still out there good luck.
Gt.....

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 6 ounces with just my eyeglass n shovel, this was two seasons ago at the Maria mine, Dale district. Old timer 1800s was diggin test spots, i found a small depression what looked to be a dig it was below a 20 ft shaft.
Started scrapin on the hole it was soft had been dug before, i ended up diggin about 4 ft deep by 6 ft .

To my supprise the old guy had left the vein hangin in place, there was a piece of ore pinched n swelled from 6in to 2 in thickness it yielded a 55 drum of ore had 6 ounces in it, this took a whole 4 hours work, was more work luggin buckets to the truck.

Guess he found better and left this stuff for later and forgot, just goes to show its still out there and doesnt require heavy equipment.
I ended up spendin a couple months chiseling out a 30 ft by 15 ft deep trench solid rock got 1/4 ounce for my troubles.
Anyways some guys came by dug in my spot, all my tools were there, then they took my 90 day post used it for there discovery.
Looked at my paper work never called or dropped a note in the mail sayin hey gonna take over here.

Never been back i think the guys workin it got a story runnin in the minin journal, goes to show ya its still out there good luck.
Gt.....

Wow nice. But that's ore material isn't it? Didn't you still have to crush the rock and process it considerably just to get the gold out?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My I have done an oz in day but my best was 1/2 oz in 20 minutes. I was out doing a crab walk looking for a spot to sample and found slight rise and dip near the middle of the river. I saw a small spot about 3-4' of a different colored hard pack - something said check that out. Grabbed the 5" nozzle and made sure I got all of it by about a foot or so. It was only about 18" thick to the false BR. When I came up and checked the box I blurted out "Holy Cow the box is lousy with gold"! Cleaned the box to see if it was the area or that color hard pack. Nothing but flood gold before and after and never could find that color pack the rest of the trip. Not even flood gold below the false BR.

The moral of the story is if something stands out check it out and pay attention to color changes in ground you are working. Ask around in the are you are working about dirt colors and what pays better.

ratled
IMG_7689.JPG

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The moral of the story is if something stands out check it out and pay attention to color changes in ground you are working. Ask around in the are you are working about dirt colors and what pays better.

Yep I've noticed that too, I think it's because the heaviest layers of gold don't just contain gold but other metals as well that give it a different color.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you find those special pockets of placer gold (for me) they have always been short lived. I have spent many a sleepless night after a really good find (pocket) thinking it would continue on for a lot more dredging the very next day. Unfortunately......the 1 oz pocket is short-lived and moving the dredge nozzle..... just a few feet further; proves it would not be sustained. But the thought of the next pocket keeps one going. And the less than an oz pockets have always given me the fever.

Bejay

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We pass 1 oz in Rye Patch easily in a day but you’ve got to be willing to dig down past 3 feet.

Place has been hit hard with detectors but after years of prospecting and listening to the 4th-generation locals there is still plenty to be had!

Jackhammers are your friend lol.

Chuck

Last edited:

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We pass 1 oz in Rye Patch easily in a day but you’ve got to be willing to dig down past 3 feet.

Place has been hit hard with detectors but after years of prospecting and listening to the 4th-generation locals there is still plenty to be had!

Jackhammers are your friend lol.

Chuck

Is that this area here? With heavy equipment? There's a claim for sale on Craigslist for $5900

https://reno.craigslist.org/for/d/imlay-rare-gold-claim-in-section-24-rye/7011180182.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread